Aregee
Level 2: Rookie

How do I get back into my AFL live app?

I have been locked out of my AFL live pass. I am a telstra customer and have had the app working all year. It now won't let me download the app after I uninstalled it. It has been "download pending" on the play app store all weekend. Can you help?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How do I get back into my AFL live app?

Hi @Aregee

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the AFL Live App. 

What device are you using to access the AFL Live App? (mobile/tablet, make/model etc)

What version of iOS or Android is your device running? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Aregee

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have a samsung galaxy 5. Not sure what my device is running. I'm not sure how I would find this out. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Aregee,

Thanks for those details.

Sometimes the updates can take a while to go through, have you tried turning the phone off and on?

There may also be system updates for your Samsung available, you can check in settings>about<check for update

or settings>system>check for update.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Aregee

Hi Aaron H, 

I have turned my phone off and on 4 times. Also checked my phone for updates and it is up to date. I also turned off all background apps and tried again with the play store. I am still getting "download pending" on app store. There is another page on the AFL site that asks for a voucher. What is this and how do I get one? This might work as nothing else seems to right now.

Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Aregee,

The issue isn't with the sign in process for the AFL App, it's that your device cannot

even download and install the AFL App in order to be able to sign in.

Therefore a voucher would make no difference.

Why the issue is only impacting you now and not prior to the latest update

is what I would like to investigate further. 

Is it possible that you have set your Apps to only update on Wi-Fi, and

you haven't yet connected to Wi-Fi?

To check, head to the Play Store>Options>Settings>App download preference.

If you choose over any network, this will allow 4G to be used to download, although

you may want to change it back after to prevent other Apps from using up your mobile

data.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Aregee

Hi Aaron H,

Thank you for your advice. I went into Play store settings and set app download preference to over any network. I am still not having any luck. 

I am in full 4G reception area. I am in outback Australia right now and don't have access to WiFi. 

Are there any other options?

Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Aregee,

Now that the Play Store has access to data, I would start the process again,

phone off and on etc. Does the AFL App still display as pending in the Play Store?

When you enabled data, did any of your Apps update? If none of them updated,

then there are still further settings or restrictions in place for the updates.

If you open the Play Store, then options>My Apps & Games, are there updates available?

Does clicking update work, and do the updates install?

Some of the Apps that need updates may be critical to the performance of your device,

I would suggest updating any pending updates.

Please be mindful however of the data that these apps use up, it can be several GB depending

on how many Apps you have installed, and how long it's been since previously updating.

If unsure, I can send a private message to get your details and check your plan for you.

Whatever is causing the issue is likely within your Samsung, do you have any security Apps (like trend or Norton) installed? Sometimes these can block updates and Apps access to the internet too.

Aregee

Thank you so much Aaron H.

After days of playing with my phone and not getting anywhere I was finally able to get AFL app back on my phone. 

Your advice about security was spot on. I disabled it for a while and the download worked. 

Cheers!!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @@Aregee,

That's excellent news, glad to hear!

Some security Apps can cause more issues than they prevent.

Just a heads up, at the beginning of the next AFL season, we will release a major

update for the AFL App for season 2020.

There is a chance that your Samsung S5 will not be able to support that new update and

will not be able to access the 2020 version of the AFL App.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but just in case I thought I'd let you know.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now