Phoenix84
Level 1: Cadet

I want to watch AFL on the telstra T box

Hi , I am a telstra customer who has the AFL app on my phone , and I recently bought the Telstra T box and I have added the app but can't view the AFL live ... why is this?? When its through Telstra ?? Doesn't make sense...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Re: I want to watch AFL on the telstra T box

Hi @Phoenix84

Thank you for your post.

The AFL App on TelstraTV is not the same as the AFL Live App on mobile/tablet devices and does not allow access to premium content.

Live Streaming is only available via the AFL Live App on a compatible mobile or tablet device. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Phoenix84

Ok thankyou for your reply..

My next question is why? when there is an app for the telstra TV to watch AFL?
There needs to be way to pair your phone app to the telstra box.. I'm suprised it hasn't happened already considering it's all Telstra!
Thanks
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Phoenix84

They are completely separate applications which are not connected. 

You can find more information about what content is available on the AFL App on Telstra TV here: http://www.afl.com.au/tv-radio/afl-on-telstra-tv

Due to our Digital Rights Agreement with the AFL, the live stream is restricted to a maximum of 7 inches, which is why it is not able to be streamed onto TV's. 

Thank you

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Phoenix84

Oh ok thankyou
Maybe something to look into for the future?? Haha 😊
Have a great day!

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more