Highlighted
Morocas
Level 2: Rookie

I would like to cancel during my AFL live pass free trial.

Answered

I signed up today thinking that i would be on a 2 week trial and that I would be able to stream to my TV. I have now discovered that I cannot stream to my TV due to licensing restrictions. I have gone through the process to cancel my subcription through Itunes but I see no indications that I was on a free trial.

I have not signed up for any AFL products with my current email or any other email addresses.

I have been given no indication I will be refunded.

Can you please confirm I will be refunded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morocas
Accepted Solution

Re: I would like to cancel during my AFL live pass free trial.

Thank you for your response.
I have contacted Apple and they are reversing the charge and I have cancelled the subcription renewal through I tunes.
The process is very poor. I have noticed others have been caught by the same trap. It should be stated on the sign up page that games cannot be mirrored or streamed via hdmi to a TV. I only found by digging into the tems of use that was buried somewhere. All other sports apps I have aloow streaming.
My Customer experience with Telstra (Telstra is managing this for AFL) again is not up to par.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Morocas,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and first of all I apologise for the difficulties encountered with the AFL App.

To confirm, unfortunately the ability to stream to a TV is not available through the AFL App.

To cancel a subscription it needs to be done through the platform you initially subscribed. This means if you subscribed as an in-app purchase through iTunes, you will need to do so through iTunes itself. If you subscribed through the app itself or through www.afl.com.au/livepass this will need to be cancelled through the app.

You mentioned that you were not sure if you were on a free trial or not. Have you had any credit cards charged? If so, you can also determine where the subscription is coming from and how you can cancel this subscription.

Charges should look like one of these.

Telstra Applications Melbourne = Subscribed via Website / through App

GOOGLE *Telstra CorpGOOGLE.COM = In App subscription via Google Play

APPLE ITUNES STORE SYDNEY = In App Subscription via iTunes 

We unfortunately do not have access to Apple's systems to determine an in-app subscription, however you can find instructions here to cancel the in app purchase through iTunes. You can request refunds, which are provided at the discretion of Apple. To request a refund, please follow the instructions on the relevant link below Contact Apple Support: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204084

If your credit card has been charged by 'Telstra Applications Melbourne' please let me know and I will investigate further.

-ToneB

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Morocas
Accepted Solution

Thank you for your response.
I have contacted Apple and they are reversing the charge and I have cancelled the subcription renewal through I tunes.
The process is very poor. I have noticed others have been caught by the same trap. It should be stated on the sign up page that games cannot be mirrored or streamed via hdmi to a TV. I only found by digging into the tems of use that was buried somewhere. All other sports apps I have aloow streaming.
My Customer experience with Telstra (Telstra is managing this for AFL) again is not up to par.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now