dsteer
Level 1: Cadet

Incorrect billing after cancelling subscription

Can someone help me with my account being continually billed even after I cancelled it

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
dsteer

Why am I still being charged for a subscription

I have found that despite cancelling my subscription last year I am still being charged. And I subscribed this year via google play as it was the only option and was still being charged by telstra applications And I subscribed this year via google play as it was the only option and was still being charged by telstra applications. As a result, in the drop down menu under Hi David there is no link to manage my subsciption so I am confused if I am still a subscriber or not as I was charged as recently as 29th August.

Support Team
Support Team

Re: Incorrect billing after cancelling subscription

Hi @dsteer

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with AFL Live Pass charges. 

I would be happy to look into this for you, I've sent you a private message to request further information 

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Nick2910

I need this to be done as well. It is simply ridiculous that I have been constantly charged for over a year. I have cancelled every card i have attached to the google play store and I cannot find any subscriptions that are live anywhere, yet Telstra continue to steal money off me every week.

I demand to be refunded for this service that I have not been receiving and do not want.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Nick2910,

Sorry to see there have been some issues cancelling your AFL Live Pass.

First step would be to identify where the subscription was activated, if you cannot

identify a Play Store subscription, it may have been activated via the AFL Website.

How does the charge appear on your credit card statement?

Telstra Applications Melbourne = Subscribed via Website
GOOGLE *Telstra CorpGOOGLE.COM = In App subscription via Google Play
APPLE ITUNES STORE SYDNEY = In App Subscription via App Store

If the subscription was activated via the AFL Website, to cancel:

1. Login to https://tel.st/hw6tc 
2. Go to ‘Manage My AFL Live Pass’
3. Scroll down the page and click Cancel Subscription
4. Then confirm the cancellation

If the subscription was through the AFL Website but you have forgotten your log in details,

let me know and I'll send a private message to collect your details.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Nick2910

It just shows as a $4.99 charge listed as Telstra - Services.

That link you provided just takes me to the AFL website. I don't know how I have subscribed because it is not showing any subscriptions in my google play account, I can't access AFL Live via the app and I have never had a Telstra account. So, please get this cancelled for me.

It simply isn't good enough to make it this difficult to cancel a subscription.

I will certainly be expecting a refund, and quite frankly, by the looks of the other complaints on here, it seems consumer affairs needs to be made aware.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Nick2910,

There still seems to be some confusion around how Live Pass subscriptions work.

There are three ways to purchase an AFL Live Pass, In App via the Play Store or App Store,

and up until this season started, also via the AFL Website.

Therefore the subscription may be managed by Apple,Google or Telstra. Based on the description

of the charge, the subscription was activated via the AFL Website, which is not affiliated with the Play

Store. Telstra do not have access to Apple or Google's systems, and vice versa. It also has nothing to

do with a Telstra account, as Telstra mobile customers receive a free Live Pass.

You can find further detail in the terms accepted when activating the Live Pass, or on the AFL Live Pass

FAQ's page.

I provided the link to the AFL Website so you can sign in and cancel the subscription, if you are unsure the

details used to subscribe, I will send a private message to collect your details and cancel on your behalf.

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now