CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

LET ME CANCEL LIVE PASS!!

My son purchased an AFL Live Pass approx. 3 years ago and cancelled his subscription (he cannot remember when but possibly over 12 months ago). However, I just realised I am still being charged $4.99 every week deducted from my credit card. This is not good enough.

My son has an AFL Live pass account but according to it, he is not currently subscribed when he logs on and therefore he has no ability to check ensure he is unsubscribed.

I am asking you to please check your records and clarify the date of his unsubscription and reimburse all money taken from our account from the unsubscription date to the current date.

If this is not resolved in a timely manner, I will have to escalate it to consumer affairs or the ombudsmen.

I see on the forum that other people have had similar issues and I will copy and paste below one comment which highlights the EXACT issue we have faced. After 28 minutes on the phone to a Telstra representative (who had never heard of AFL Live Pass or CrowdSupport!!!) we were told our only option is to contact our bank. No. Not good enough.

On a side note, it is also not good enough that there is no phone number to call and we had to jump through hoops and sign up for a Telstra log on just in order to comment on this forum.

Here is the cut and paste of a post from another angry customer that explains EXACTLY our issue.

Your links are dodgy and broken Telstra. You sent me, and a lot of others by the looks of it, an email advising that you would start charging me unless i cancelled/unsubscribed from AFL Live Pass. I jumped through your hoops and spent 30 minutes that i will never get back trying to cancel and surprise surprise, still no resolution.

Went here (http://www.afl.com.au/livepass/faq) and not helpful, went here (http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/AFL-Live/bd-p/AFL_Live) and not helpful. Followed these>>

If you subscribed via the website, please follow these steps to cancel:

1. Login to www.afl.com.au
  2. Go to ‘Manage My AFL Live Pass’
  3. Scroll down the page and click Cancel Subscription
  4. Then confirm the cancellation

Or alternatively on your device:

1. Open the AFL Live app
  2. Once logged in, click on ‘My Account’ in the app menu
  3. Scroll down the page and click Cancel Subscription
  4. Then confirm the cancellation

AND NOT HELPFUL!!

You have removed any function to unsubscribe and like some sick joke it simply redirects on a loop here (https://subscription.afl.com.au/subscribe) with no options other than paying you more money.

As you can see, there are a lot of unhappy customers and I am now another one.

Kind regards. Nicki Edwards

<removed for your privacy>

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: LET ME CANCEL LIVE PASS!!

Hi @poo3,

Thanks for your enquiry and first of all I sincerely apologise for any confusion experienced with the AFL Live Pass.

It sounds like you have logged into an account which doesn't have an active subscription hence this is why you have not received the option to cancel the subscription. It's possible there is another email address you have registered to which I am happy to explore.

To do so I will soon send you a private message to investigate this further. To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a envelope icon. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:

Tap the menu icon (top left), scroll to bottom & log in. Once you've done this, tap the menu icon again & scroll to the bottom until you see "Messages

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: LET ME CANCEL LIVE PASS!!

Hi Nicki - exactly the same thing happened to me. The only way I was able to stop the charges was by blocking the payment with my bank. I was outraged when I found out - especially when I realised that they were charging me for live streaming matches every single week after the season has completed. It's almost criminal - especially when you look at all the other people on this forum who've had similar experiences. I have to laugh when I see a 'sincere apology' from Telstra given they obviously are doing nothing to rectify the probelm ...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit