CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
nzmagpie
Level 4: Private Eye

Linking AFL Live Pass to multiple devices

Answered

I was checking your instructions on how to link my AFL Live Pass to other devices. I tried it from my Android Tablet. The presentation differs from your example and there is no drop down arrow for the AFL Live Pass box. I couldnt go any further. I even tried to do it from the website.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Linking AFL Live Pass to multiple devices

Hello @nzmagpie

Thanks for your inquiry.

Are you attempting to link the Live Pass on a device that is already signed into your Live Pass?

On the device used to subscribe, open the AFL App and head to More>My Account>Live Pass>Link Live Pass.

You will then be prompted to sign into or create a Telstra ID. Once the Live Pass has been linked to your Telstra ID,

you can then use the Telstra ID to sign in on other devices.

If you are still stuck, could you please let us know how you subscribed?

(free for Telstra customer, App Store or Play Store)

What device was used to subscribe?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

nzmagpie
Accepted Solution

Hi Aaron. Yes , Im testing your Link instruction from a device I've subscribed from. I have two devices with the App and I get the same result.

Ive tried to attach a screendump for you, but every time I move away from this page I lose it.😣

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hello @nzmagpie

Thanks for your inquiry.

Are you attempting to link the Live Pass on a device that is already signed into your Live Pass?

On the device used to subscribe, open the AFL App and head to More>My Account>Live Pass>Link Live Pass.

You will then be prompted to sign into or create a Telstra ID. Once the Live Pass has been linked to your Telstra ID,

you can then use the Telstra ID to sign in on other devices.

If you are still stuck, could you please let us know how you subscribed?

(free for Telstra customer, App Store or Play Store)

What device was used to subscribe?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

nzmagpie
Accepted Solution

Hi Aaron. Yes , Im testing your Link instruction from a device I've subscribed from. I have two devices with the App and I get the same result.

Ive tried to attach a screendump for you, but every time I move away from this page I lose it.😣

nzmagpie

The problem is not answered, contrary to what is displayed.

nzmagpie

I subscribed from the Play Store.

Support Team
Support Team

Hello @nzmagpie,

Thanks for those details.

As the Live Pass was purchased in the Play Store, all devices that are signed into the

same Google account can access the purchase by selecting restore app store purchase

in More>My Account>Live Pass.

The method to link to a Telstra ID was introduced to enable access to users who have a mix of

iOS/Android and Windows devices. If however all the devices you wish to access on are Android and signed

into the same Google account, then you do not need to link the Live Pass.

If you do wish to access across platforms, we will need to proceed with the linking process. Could

you please uninstall and reinstall the AFL App?

Could you then please head to this page and follow the steps outlined for In-App subscriptions?

(About halfway down the page)

If you are still stuck, could you tell us at exactly which step in the instructions you are having issues?

If you do then have screenshots you wish to share with us, let us know and we can send a private message

with our direct email, as that will be an easier way to provide the screenshots.

nzmagpie

I see others have had this problem and its not clear it was resolved.

nzmagpie

• Hi Aaron. All I want to do is watch the game on a friends large screen, Apple cormputer, using the App purchased in Play Store. Can it be done, or not?
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @nzmagpie,

Other customers have had this issue yes, however all have been resolved except for one other customer that has 

not yet responded.

The post was marked as an accepted solution by you, not us. I will continue to offer support until we get to the bottom of the issue

and you are happy with the resolution.

nzmagpie

The page you linked doesnt seem to help. It still shows options Im not getting. I annot click on a link that doesnt exist. It was my mistake in making it appear that a solution was reached. I tried to untick the box, but that didnt work. 

Maybe I can send the screenshot. There was another user who had exactly the same problem.

Support Team
Support Team

Hello @nzmagpie,

It is possible to access full match replays on a PC/Mac, however live matches

are only accessible within the AFL App on supported iOS and Android devices.

This is due to the Digital Broadcast Agreement between the AFL and Telstra, where 

live matches are limited to a maximum video size of 7".

If you are intending to watch a Live match on the Apple computer, then the answer is no.

If you are intending on watching replays, then yes, once the Live Pass has been linked to 

a Telstra ID and the Telstra ID is used to sign into the AFL Website.

I would also suggest accessing the AFL Website on the Mac using the Chrome browser, as Safari

may not support video playback.

Did you uninstall and reinstall the AFL App prior to following the steps outlined?

nzmagpie

Hi Aaron. Looks like I cant do what I set  out to do anyway. Ill reluctantly try uninstalling and reistalling the App, but not tonight.

Can you alter the staus of this thread to "Unanswered", as I dont want to give a misleading impression to others that the problem has disappeared.

Regards

Support Team
Support Team

Hello @nzmagpie,

I am unable to unmark the post as an accepted solution, however our entire conversation

is public, so anyone with a similar issue will see that the next step would be to uninstall and

reinstall the AFL App.

Please let us know once you attempt the reinstall so we can investigate further if required.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now