CrowdSupport®
Support Team
Support Team

Linking In-App Subscriptions to a TelstraID

A new feature has been added to the AFL Live App - In-App subscribers (users who have purchased their subscriptions via Google Play or iTunes) will now be required to link their subscription to a TelstraID when restoring their subscription or registering as a new subscriber. 

The instructions below are for those customers who need to register a new TelstraID. If you already have a TelstraID, you can log in with these details on the login screen. 

For New Subscribers: 

Open the AFL Live App

TDI Link 1.jpg

Navigate to More > My Account > AFL Live Pass (second option)

TDI Link 2.jpg

Click the subscription type you want (Weekly, Monthly or Annual) 

TDI Link 3.jpg.

The app will then open the below screen asking you to log in or register to watch on multiple devices (select register at the bottom of this page) 

TDI Link 4.png

Follow the steps to register your TelstraID 

register.png

After completing the registration process, you will get an App Store pop-up and be redirected to the home screen below

TDI Link 5.jpg

For Subscribers Restoring their In-App Subscription: 

Open the AFL Live App

TDI Link 1.jpg

Navigate to More > My Account > AFL Live Pass 

TDI Link 2.jpg

Click Option to Restore App Store Purchase at the bottom of this screen

restoreTDI.jpg

The app will then open the below screen asking you to log in or register to watch on multiple devices (select register at the bottom of this page) 

TDI Link 4.png

Follow the steps to register your TelstraID

register.png

After completing the registration process, you will get an App Store pop-up and be redirected to the home screen below

TDI Link 5.jpg

Please get in touch with us if you have any problems following these linking instructions, we are happy to assist where we can. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
60 REPLIES 60
foopham
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Linking In-App Subscriptions to a TelstraID

Im still stuck at the registry of the telsta ID. Ive already gotten a telstra ID so when i get up to the step of registering for a telstra ID i just log into my existing account. after that it doesnt take me back to the home screen of the app
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @foopham

Thank you for getting in touch. 

What does happen when you log in with your existing TelstraID? Is this just a loading screen? 

If you close and re-open the AFL Live App after logging in with your existing TelstraID, does it ask you to log in again? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

foopham

After i log in, it takes me to my subscription page. It still wont give me a option to link my Telsta ID my my AFL live pass.

When i close the app and then reopen it does ask me to log back into my account.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @foopham

Thanks for getting back to me with that information. 

Are you able to uninstall and reinstall the AFL Live App? 

After doing this and restoring your in-app subscription, navigate to More > My Account > AFL Live Pass and there should be a button on this page to Link Your Live Pass. 

Please let me know how you go. 

foopham

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the App and restoring my subscription and i still dont have the option to link my Live Pass.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @foopham

Thanks for getting back to me. 

If the Link Your Live Pass doesn't appear, this generally means the subscription has already been linked.

Can you please try logging on to the AFL website using your TelstraID and let me know what the Manage My Live Pass page says? 

Ula1
Level 3: Gumshoe

Exact same problem here. No option on iPad App to link my live pass. Original subscription bought on iPad. Trying to access live games on new laptop without success. Manage My Live Pass just brings up Plan Details showing status as active. Only can watch replays though.
foopham

Under Manage My Live Pass is just the details of my subscription
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ula1

Thank you for your post. 

Live streaming is only available via the AFL Live App on a mobile or tablet, you can not watch the live stream on your laptop even if the live pass has been linked. 

As per the terms and conditionsIn order to view streaming, you will need to download the AFL Live Official App from Google Play or the App Store.

Telstra’s agreement with the AFL restricts the display of live match videos to a 7 inch screen size. Match highlights and match replays are available for viewing in full screen size 12 hours after the match conclusion. 

My apologies for any confusion. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @foopham

To confirm - the details of your subscription are showing when you log in to the AFL Website with your TelstraID?  

This means your in-app subscription has been linked. If the subscription was not linked, it would not show any details here. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Ula1

Ridiculous. Why can't they just restrict the video size to 7 inch on a laptop the same way they do on the iPad?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ula1

As mentioned in my previous response, this is due to our digital rights agreement with the AFL.

We do not have the rights to stream via the AFL Website. This has always been the case. 

My apologies for any inconvenience. 

Ula1

Still doesn't solve the problem of linking the live pass so I can watch it on my phone though.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ula1

If you have signed in to the AFL Website using your TelstraID and been able to access replays, this means your live pass is already linked.

You will need to log in on your phone using the same details you used to log in to the website. 

Ula1

"Sorry, there is a problem playing this video. Please visit our Telstra 24x7 help site for assistance." Kill me now.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ula1

What device are you getting the error message on?

What version of iOS/Android is the device running? 

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the AFL Live App to see if this assists? 

Ula1

Sammsung S6
Ula1

Just updated the app the other day
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ula1

And what version of Android is your Samsung S6 device running? 

You may have updated the app the other day, but uninstalling and reinstalling the app allows it to start fresh. 

Have you done this? 

Ula1

Just did that - same result.
Android version 5.1.1
Where can I send a bill for the time wasted on trying to get the AFL Live app working?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ula1

Are you able to access the live stream on your iPad as normal? 

I would recommend updating your version of Android.

V 5.1.1 is quite old, and this may be impacting how the AFL Live App works on your device. 

foopham

Im using a S8+ with the latest version of the app and its still not working
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @foopham

Can you please be more specific?

Are you unable to log in? 

Are you getting any error messages? 

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled to see if this assists? 

If you are able to log in on the AFL Website and see the details of your subscription, the linking has definitely been done. 

Ula1

Fact is the blurb on here states Android 4 or above is supported, as is Galaxy S6 a supported device. Prefer you come up with an actual reason for the problem and fix it rather than make suggestions that go against the Apps stated requirements for operation.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ula1

The AFL Live App is supported for Android devices running 5.0 and above, not 4. As per the terms and conditions

I am providing troubleshooting to try and resolve the issue as this is what our tech team will ask you to do.

So if you can please let me know if you're able to update your Android version, and if this assists, I can then get in touch with the technical team.

TrevorHa

AFL live app not loading at all

I have now spent several days and over 8 hours trying to get the Telstra Afl live app to load and work. Opens to front page picture but does not load. I have deleted and reloaded at least 30 times. I have wifi off. Once it seemed to load but just stopped again. I am a telstra customer and am entitled to free streaming. It worked fine last year but this is a nightmare

I am on an iPhone 7+

TrevorHa

AFL live app not loading at all

I have now spent several days and over 8 hours trying to get the Telstra Afl live app to load and work. Opens to front page picture but does not load. I have deleted and reloaded at least 30 times. I have wifi off. Once it seemed to load but just stopped again. I am a telstra customer and am entitled to free streaming. It worked fine last year but this is a nightmare

I am on an iPhone 7+

trevorhanna123

Support Team
Support Team

Re: AFL live app not loading at all

Hello @TrevorHa

Sorry for the issues you're experiencing with the AFL Live App

The issue you're describing sound like it may be related to The AFL Live App having access to your mobile data/location

Within the settings on your iPhone, find the AFL Live App and ensure it has been given permission to access your 4G, as well as location.

Hopefully this helps, if not please get back to us and we'll troubleshoot further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

TrevorHa

Re: AFL live app not loading at all

Thanks Aaron
Yes that was the problem I sorted it out last night at about 1.30 am
Cheers
Trevor
Jetsonica

May I suggest you inform your call centre and chat staff of this new requirement? Also wouldn't it be a great idea if this information was included in the app so that people understand that they need a telstra ID in order to restore their purchase?

I have wasted 2 hours of my time chatting with your support and with Apple Itunes support (after being informed by your chat staff that they could not assist). Then finding out that Apple also could not assist, which I knew in the first place and kept telling your staff but they took no notice. Not impressed with this lack of service. At least now I can finally access my app because I happened to find this thread online. Thanks for nothing.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Jetsonica 

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you experienced linking your AFL Live Pass. 

It is advised in the Terms and Conditions, the FAQ and within the AFL Live App itself (More > 24x7 Support) that all support is done here on CrowdSupport. 

Although this is a public forum, it is monitored by Telstra consultants such as myself to assist with any subscription or technical issues. Support for AFL Live Pass is not done via the call centre or live chat. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Jetsonica

I'm not sure what Live Chat is for if not support? Also the support assistant never at any time directed me to this form. I have a transcript of this chat if you are interested in seeing it.

Jetsonica

Also, I am giving you feedback that the information regarding the telstra ID should be given when you are trying to restore your subscription. It is not reasonable to expect everyone to read terms and conditions or FAQs. I don't understand why you wouldn't put that info in the app?
TrevorHa

I also had 4 phone calls with support over 2.5 hours told all those incorrect fixes and info. In All I spent over 10 hours of frustration also could not retrieve my original Telstra I’d and password. This is still an issue. I finally found the fix myself at 1.30 AM.
Telstra really need to pick up their game
Jetsonica

Here is the information under your FAQ's. It does not mention the telstra ID:

Section 5: Troubleshooting
I've recently subscribed to watch live match videos but the app doesn't seem to recognise that I'm a subscriber. What do I do?

If you signed up via the App, please follow the below instructions

On iOS:

Check that you have a valid subscription In-App Store > Apple ID/Account > Subscriptions > Manage

Check that you have downloaded AFL Live Official App from the App Store using the same Apple ID that has a subscription
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Jetsonica

Live Chat does support for account queries, technical difficulties with Telstra internet or mobile services.

I did not say that it advises in the FAQ/Terms and Conditions about the TelstraID, but it does advise that if you are having any issues you need to contact CrowdSupport. 

If you contacted CrowdSupport in the first instance as advised by both the T&C's, FAQ and in-app when you navigate to More > 24x7 Support, when you were having problems this would have been resolved promptly. 

I will pass on your feedback about advising wiithin the app about linking your TelstraID.

Thanks. 

nedyahsenryb
Level 1: Cadet

Hi there,

I renewed my annual subscription to the live pass on March 25th - reference number provided upon payment was MTJH71NH8J.

I can access the replays fine on my phone, but when I try to do the same thing on the AFL website I cannot do so; it keeps asking me to subscribe again.

Why is this and what is the remedy, please?
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @nedyahsenryb

Sorry to see your having issues accessing your Live Pass on the website

You have commented on the post explaining exactly what you're asking for help with,

were there issues following the steps?

The basic principle is, we need to link your subscription to a Telstra ID,

then use the Telstra ID to sign in on secondary devices like the website/tablets.

Please follow the steps for Subscribers Restoring their In-App Subscription, about halfway through the page.

Let us know if you require further assistance

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

FixuRNetwork
Level 4: Private Eye

This app is broken. It is not streaming anything right now 6.4.19. Why do you act like the problem is at our end? Can you monkeys turn your computers back on?
PassionMember

Useless features if I can’t watch live footy???
Are you serious?
BE8

You truly are **bleep** Telstra and become more so every day
nedyahsenryb

@aaron_h

No there weren’t issues linking the accounts. I have done that, I have read the FAQs and other troubleshooting suggestions so please don’t try and palm me off like that. When I follow the links suggesting I need to link the accounts I can get no further than the page that tells me my subscriptions expires in 25/3/20.

At present I also get an error message when I try and access the replays from my phone when logged in to my livepass.

I have paid $100 for this and currently I cannot use it. It’s not good enough.
Brodo_0

I’ll take a refund for this week thank you.
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @nedyahsenryb

I apologise if it felt like I was palming you off, this was not my intention.

If you had mentioned all the troubleshooting already attempted in your first post, I would have responded differently.

We did have a technical issue yesterday affecting video playback across all services, this has now been resolved.

I don't think yesterday's issue is the cause of your access issue on our website however. Do you now have access or is it still the same?

If you are still having issues, I suspect it's to do with the Telstra ID. Is it possible you have multiple Telstra ID's?

If you head to https://tel.st/bmh4x does the Telstra ID you just linked sign in OK?

Dustarvn

I am unable to login to the afl live website or the app even though I am able to login to this account to report this error, it keeps coming up with the invalid credentials pop up on the app and incorrect username or password on the site. I’ve reset my password and made sure my details are right but can’t get into either so my subscription is not accessible and I can’t watch anything
Rebecca112

I’m having the same issues, did you get it solved?
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Dustarvn,

Sorry for the issues accessing your Live Pass

You are not required to log in on your mobile, you are only required to restore your subscription.

Once the subscription is restored, it then asks you to link to your Telstra ID.

Your Telstra ID will not log in on the AFL website etc. until the subscription is linked.

The process should be:

Open AFL App on mobile

click on live pass in top right corner

click on AFL Live Pass Subscription

Restore your purchase/app store subscription

Enter Telstra ID once prompted to link together

At what point in that process do you experience issues?

Rebecca112

Is there any body who can call me to sort this issue?
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Rebecca112

My colleague sent you a private message half an hour ago, have you seen it yet?

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now