CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

No AFL live pass access for iTunes subs

Incredibly frustrated that customers who purchase their AFL live pass subscription on the iTunes Store do not get access to what they’ve paid for on afl.com.au . So now, despite paying $100 for an annual subscription, I can only access replays on my phone and not my pc.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: No AFL live pass access for iTunes subs

Hi @AngryDave2

I am sorry to hear that you were not aware of this limitation of your in-app subscription. This information is available in the terms and conditions of the live pass, which are provided when you purchase the subscription.

I saying that, you can request refunds, which are provided at the discretion of Apple. To request a refund, please follow the instructions on the relevant link below:
Contact Apple Support: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204084

If they do provide a refund, you would be able to purchase a subscription through https://id.afl.com.au/livepass

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: No AFL live pass access for iTunes subs

I did notice it in the terms and conditions after I had purchased the live pass.
Unfortunately, a few paragraphs up in the terms and conditions is a disclaimer that says:
"No cancellation of your current subscription is allowed during your active subscription period'.

This essentially means that people, like myself, who wrongly assumed you get what you paid for, are trapped.

I will be requesting a refund from apple and I am very very disappointed with my experience.

Furthermore, not having support line or the ability to talk to anyone is infuriating and not acceptable. I was bounced around 3 different departments trying to speak to someone about this issue and none of them even knew what AFL football was. I'm sure there are plenty of people with complaints that couldn't be bothered signing up for a user name, posting on a public forum and waiting for a reply.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit