CrowdSupport®
MathewFabris1
Level 1: Cadet

Refund

Hello,

I subscribed to watch the 2017 grand final and have just noticed while doing my 18-19 tax return that I have been charged $4.99 a week ever since even though i successfully unsubscribed and deleted the app.  First charge is 17th October 2017 and has continued until today until I picked it up. I request an immediate refund please as i unsubscribed and deleted the app almost 2 years ago

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Refund

Hello @MathewFabris1,

Sorry to see there are concerns for charges relating to an AFL Live Pass.

I will send a private message shortly to get some private details required to investigate

further.

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MathewFabris1

Hello,

I see your message however it is now allowing me to reply?

wallyburger

Good luck buddy.  I had a similar issue and they make it impossible to contact them. They charged me twice over at least a year and never refunded me. Just gave me a one line message saying they wouldn’t do it. No phone number to call or even direct message option.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @wallyburger

Thank you for your post. All support for the AFL Live Pass is done here on CrowdSupport. You are correct that there is no phone number to call, however you can send direct private messages on CrowdSupport. Posts on CrowdSupport are responded to within 24 hours. 

I can see your original post here from 2017 - https://tel.st/6xklj - which you did not respond to. 

If you had responded to this requesting further investigation, my colleague would have done so. 

Are you still being charged for the AFL Live Pass? If so, can you please confirm how these charges appear on your bank statement? (it will be one of the below) 

Telstra Applications Melbourne = Subscribed via Website
GOOGLE *Telstra CorpGOOGLE.COM = In App subscription via Google Play
APPLE ITUNES STORE SYDNEY = In App Subscription via iTunes

This will point us in the right direction to assist further. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

faceowner
Level 2: Rookie

This is exactly how telstra operates. They will make you spend so much time on this, they will keep passing you around every time you get to a point where they have to admit they are in the wrong. Then make you start over again with another consultant until you give up. Has happened to me many times when trying to get money back for years of payment. Had 2 phone lines which had been disconnected for years, $30 a month each, for at least 2 years, when I found it on the bill and tried to get the money back they just make me explain everything for 2 hours then when they had no way of talking without admitting their blame they would pass me to someone else and say this person will sort it out.. Only to be forced to explain form the start and the cycle continues. Good luck! Telstra's business model now revolves around this activity from what I can tell.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for your feedback @faceowner

This thread is for assistance with AFL Live Pass, was there anything I could help with today? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @faceowner 

Sorry to see that you have had some negative experiences receiving support.

All support for the AFL App is provided here on Crowd Support, we have been corresponding

with @MathewFabris1 via private message as these details are sensitive.

We have managed to assist the customer investigate the issue and are near resolving the enquiry.

In terms of your other post, as I'm based on the Sports side of Crowd Support I'm no expert on billing enquiries, but my understanding of paying in advance is that your first bill also includes the next month.

When the service ends with Telstra, you have already paid for the final month as you are in advance. The service will remain in advance while the service is active. I would advise contacting billing support if there are handset repayments that are continuing after the end of the contract period.

For support relating to billing enquiries you can contact 13 22 00 or via Telstra 24x7, if you would like a case manager to investigate your enquiry, please raise a complaint.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

If you have an active complaint, we can check for any updates if you supply us the Interaction Number.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now