CrowdSupport®
Madds19
Level 1: Cadet

Refund

Hi,

I switched phone plans to Telstra a year or so ago (?), with one of the big reasons I chose Telstra being free access to the AFL live app. However, I was unaware that I would still be charged until I canceled my current subscription and just realised after checking my statements. Am I able to get a refund for the unnecessary payments I have made?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Refund

Hi @Madds19

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any confusion regarding AFL Live Pass.

As per the terms and conditions, all subscriptions are ongoing until cancelled. 

Can you please confirm how the charges appear on your bank statement? (it will be one of the below) 

Telstra Applications Melbourne = Subscribed via Website
GOOGLE *Telstra CorpGOOGLE.COM = In App subscription via Google Play
APPLE ITUNES STORE SYDNEY = In App Subscription via iTunes

This will point us in the right direction to assist further. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Madds19
Level 1: Cadet

I understand the ongoing until cancelled, just assumed that my free access still counted as a ‘subscription’ if that makes sense!

It says ‘Google*telstra Corp Sydney,’ I have an iPhone through Telstra now though.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Madds19

The AFL Live App would not automatically cancel your in-app subscription with Google Play because you became a Telstra Mobile customer.

As per the terms - A Season Pass will not replace or cancel any existing AFL in-app subscription with a Google Play or App Store purchase.

When you became a Telstra Mobile customer, you needed to cancel your Google Play subscription to AFL Live Pass. 

Unfortunately, we do not have access to Google Play systems to cancel or refund this subscription on your behalf. 

You will need to contact Google Play via the below links for further assistance. 

Cancellation: https://tel.st/curqx

Refund Request: https://tel.st/fyjgm

As per the terms: When you purchase either a weekly or yearly subscription, your purchase is via the Google Play Store not with Telstra. If you have a billing issue to resolve, you should contact the Google Play Store.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now