CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Samsung S8 & S9- live games streaming fix.

If you have a Samsung S8, S8+, S9 or S9+ handset, you may have had recent problems streaming live games via the AFL Live app.

This error is caused by the internal clock being set manually by the customer which then may conflict with the LTE-B stream.

The AFL Live app was recently updated to allow LTE-Broadcast streaming on selected Samsung devices.

Please follow the steps below to ensure the clock is set automatically by the network, this should fix any live streaming errors you may experience.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen.

2. Tap the Settings icon.

3. Scroll down and tap General Management.

4. Tap Date and Time.

5. Ensure that the date and time set is automatically set by the network

If you encounter further errors, please let us know as soon as possible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Samsung S8 & S9- live games streaming fix.

I have a samsung s8 and am still experiencing issues and i have the automatic time and date by network set to on.

These issues started last week where the app was extremely laggy and now i can't even open it. Im a paying subscriber and can't even receive what i pay for.

Urgent assistance required.

Thank you
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Azka

Thanks for your post and I am happy to help you with this. To clarify, do you mean that the live stream is lagging or was it the App itself? Were there slow transitions between menu options or something else?

I would recommend trying these steps as general troubleshooting:

•    Please completely uninstall the app, restart the device & then redownload
•    Please make sure you have location settings turned on & allowed the AFL Live app to use your location
•    Please ensure you've cleared the cache on your device

•    Disconnect any external displays or screen mirroring

In most cases, if you're having any difficulty streaming, I'd recommend attempting the steps here as this will help resolve most issues you encounter

If you still encounter an issue, can you please provide the below details to help us assist you?

How exactly did you subscribe? (In app purchase, AFL.com.au, Club Digital membership or our 2018 AFL Live Pass Offer) 
Do you encounter an error message? If so, what is it specifically?
Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:

Let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
It was not the streaming that was the issue, I have 100/40mb NBN connection. It was the app itself that would lag and show a black screen between menus. There are hundreds of people experiencing the same thing as me as it shows in the google play stpre reviews your customers are leaving. Now I couldn't even open the app, I would just get a black screen.

My phone has a lot of free spqce and the cache and cookies have been cleared.

Just now I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it seems to be working. But this is the 5th time ive had to uninstall and reinstall it as there must clearly be an issue on your end with the latest update as this is when the problems started.

Optus sport app works fine for me.

Sbs world game streaming works fine too.

I uninstalled the optus sport app in case it was causing app conflicts on my phone but that did nothing to fix the issue. Only uninstalling and reinstalling it has helped.

Thank you
Highlighted

Sorry I forgot to give info.

I use wireless nbn or my 4g mobile data if out of range.

My phone is galaxy s8.

Latest android update OS.

The eroor i was receiving is "This AFL app keeps crashing, please choose one of the following 1. Close now 2. Wait for it to respond"

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for those details, @Azka. I am glad that re-installing has worked for you at the moment. I understand that this is recurring which is quite frustrating and we can investigate this a bit further for you to see what could be causing it.

Can you please confirm the exact OS version number?

(Go to Settings > Device > About Phone)

If you can send through a screenshot of when the error occurs this will help with our investigation as well.

Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit