Highlighted
Zac8
Level 2: Rookie

Subscribed to afl pass on phone, works fine, but unable to login and watch on tablet. Help

Answered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Subscribed to afl pass on phone, works fine, but unable to login and watch on tablet. Help

Thanks @Zac8,

I suspect the issue here is that you are logging in when there is no requirement to do so on your tablet. You also do not need to 'link' devices as I suspect you have a in-app purchase.

On your tablet I would suggest to go to settings > Apps > AFL > Storage > Clear Data > Clear Cache > Back > Uninstall

Reinstall the AFL App from the Google Play store. I would also suggest to double check it's the same Google Play account across both devices (otherwise this will not work)

- Open the AFL app, select favourite team, over 18, location services (which is required for live streaming)

- You will receive a page about the AFL Live Pass. Select 'I already have a subscription' and select 'restore in app purchase'. This will confirm your subscription with Google Play.

Unfortunately we do not have a telephone service for the AFL Live Pass however please send us a reply if you encounter any further difficulties. Please feel free to send us any error messages you receive if the above does not work.

ToneB

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Subscribed to afl pass on phone, works fine, but unable to login and watch on tablet. Help

Hi @Zac8,

How did you originally subscribe to the AFL Live Pass?

If you subscribed via an iPhone to share the subscription this must be to another iPad. It does not cross platform if you are going Android to iOS (or visa versa)

As long as you have logged into the same app store account that originally made the purchase, all you will require to do in the live pass menu is select 'Restore in-app subscription'

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Zac8

It was purchased on my Samsung phone and does not work on my Samsung tablet although they are in the same app store accounts. I can log in but it says there is no subscription but when I click on buying a new one it tells me I've already purchased one. I saw on a similar feed there should be a "link devices" button, but I can not find this. Is there a number I can call to deal with this issue?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Thanks @Zac8,

I suspect the issue here is that you are logging in when there is no requirement to do so on your tablet. You also do not need to 'link' devices as I suspect you have a in-app purchase.

On your tablet I would suggest to go to settings > Apps > AFL > Storage > Clear Data > Clear Cache > Back > Uninstall

Reinstall the AFL App from the Google Play store. I would also suggest to double check it's the same Google Play account across both devices (otherwise this will not work)

- Open the AFL app, select favourite team, over 18, location services (which is required for live streaming)

- You will receive a page about the AFL Live Pass. Select 'I already have a subscription' and select 'restore in app purchase'. This will confirm your subscription with Google Play.

Unfortunately we do not have a telephone service for the AFL Live Pass however please send us a reply if you encounter any further difficulties. Please feel free to send us any error messages you receive if the above does not work.

ToneB

Zac8

Clearing data on my tablet worked thankd heaps!
Rossy2
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem every year the answer is telstra dont value there customers

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now