Highlighted
barneman
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra App Melbourne billed $4.99 without consent for last two years with no access

Hi,

I'm so completely baffled by this scam to which I have been charge over $500 for the last two years for the AFL live app, which is not installed, not used , and even worse, charged OUT of the AFL season $4.99 a week from a free trial?  I need someone to contact us urgently to get this problem rectified . The man on the chat has got me a temporary password to cancel this , he states it's an AFL problem, then they tell you to write on this Crowdsupport that's telstra. So as of today it's cancelled? It state's on my records only ' Telstra App Melbourne'. I really am usually calm when rectifying mistakes, but $500 is a big one. I see many people have had the same problem of this charge. But again? Why AFL live in the off season?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra App Melbourne billed $4.99 without consent for last two years with no access

Hi @barneman

Thank you for your enquiry and my apologies for any confusion regarding AFL Live Pass. 

AFL Live Passes are ongoing subscriptions until cancelled as per the terms accepted upon subscribing.

After the free two week trial period, you will be automatically billed $4.99 every 7 days, $16.99 every month, or $99.99 for the first year (365 days), to your nominated credit card or Telstra account, until you cancel your subscription.

These charges continue in the off-season as subscribers still have access to premium content such as full match replays and AFL.tv. 

If charged to a Credit Card, the charge description will be listed as one of these options:

Telstra Applications Melbourne = Subscribed via Website
GOOGLE *Telstra CorpGOOGLE.COM = In App subscription via Google Play
APPLE ITUNES STORE SYDNEY = In App Subscription via iTunes

Once you've confirmed, please follow the relevant instructions here to cancel the subscription

If no active subscription is associated, we'd recommend checking any other emails that could have been used to sign up.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

barneman
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra App Melbourne billed $4.99 without consent for last two years with no access

Thanks for the response, and I fully expect a repeat of the same response to the below but for what it is worth still want it to be considered.

There are several reasons for my frustration with this charge and request for a refund,

1. The phone was on a telstra plan under my former employer and the advertising was AFL live was free to Telstra customers so I assumed the app would not attract a charge.

2. Shortly after both the email and phone were registered on the app they were no longer connected because I had changed jobs, I noticed the continued charge and tried several times to cancel, thinking I had several times and cancelled other active apps because it was impossible to tell the charge was for a inactive phone (on an advertised free plan). On finally investigating if it was relating to the previous email, I was surprised but also annoyed as I could not access the email account or app in anyway, was close to impossible to cancel yet continued to attract a charge.

3. The various comments on the AFL Live app demonstrate the difficulty so many have had cancelling this service for a long time and I find it hard to see how the difficulty in tracking then cancelling further exasperated by a complete lack of person to ring can be anything other than knowingly taking payment for a service not being used, actively not wanted and completely in the AFL/carriers interest to continue.

4. With the information collected on applying for and tracking use of the app I also find it impossible to see how the complete lack of access and use is not known.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @barneman

Thank you for your response. 

If you have been charged for the AFL Live Pass it may mean the Telstra mobile service you had was ineligible as it was on a business plan, or the pass was not redeemed correctly using the Telstra mobile network. 

Whether or not you have access to the email address you used to subscribe, you can still log in with this email address and the password you set up and access the subscription. 

We do not keep a record of how often or not the AFL Live Pass is used, we provide the access and it is up to the subscriber when they use this access. 

I have sent you a private message to request details so that I can investigate further. 

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now