CrowdSupport®
AndyT6
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Applications Melbourne credit card charge

I have been noticing a monthly $16.99 charge on my credit card for a while now and I can’t seem to cancel it. It could be for an AFL live subscription but thought I cancelled that ages ago. I can’t seem to get hold the right Telstra department to cancel this and everyone I call they just say it’s not their issue. Has anyone had the same issue and know who I should be speaking too as this is starting to get ridiculous!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra Applications Melbourne credit card charge

Sorry for the frustration, Andy. Have you checked inside the app store/itunes, disconnecting through there? If we're charging you for a subscription it'll typically land on your bill, instead of your credit card. - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Stevendallen
Level 1: Cadet

Im having a similar issue. I signed up for a one off 1 month subscription for the final series. I unsubscribed on play store 6 weeks ago when i realised i was still paying for something that has finished for the year and im still getting charged $25 a week! 

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

$25 a week is a very odd amount given that the subscription is only $4.99 per week. Are you sure it's for an AFL Live subscription?

Where did you sign up?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @AndyT6

Thank you for your post, my apologies for the delayed response. 

I would be happy to look into the charges from Telstra Applications Melbourne. 

I've sent you a private message to request further details. 

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Stevendallen

Thank you for your post. 

A charge of $25 per week is not for an AFL Live Pass. 

An AFL Live Pass costs $4.99 per week, $16.99 per month or $99.99 per year. 

This charge looks to be for the WatchAFL service for use overseas. 

We support the AFL Live Pass for use in Australia & are unable to assist with Watch AFL enquiries

FOX SPORTS StreamCo Pty Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of FOX SPORTS Australia Pty Limited (FOX SPORTS), is the operator of the Watch AFL service

You can find FAQs & Help for Watch AFL here. Should you wish to contact Watch AFL at any point please email watchafl@foxsports.com.au and they will endeavour to respond within 24 hours.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now