CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to register my tablet for AFL Live Pass

I am a Telstra mobile & internet customer, and I'm trying to register for the AFL Live Pass using my tablet, however I am unable to do so. The AFL App constantly ask me to turn off my WiFi. Unfortunately, if I turn off my WiFi I won't be able to connect to the internet. I never had this problem over last 4 years when registering for the AFL Live Pass on my tablet. Can you please advise? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Unable to register my tablet for AFL Live Pass

Hi Billy_Davro,

To access the Telstra Live Pass offer, you must do so on your eligible Telstra mobile service. Have you done this with your mobile phone yet? 

If so, you can link your live pass to an email via the app by logging in with your existing Telstra ID or registering for a new one

To do this, please follow the below instructions:

- Open the AFL Official app on the same device that you redeemed the AFL Live Pass Offer with

- Tap 'AFL Live Pass' (top right of screen)
- Tap ‘AFL Live Pass Subscription'

- As long as your AFL Live Pass Offer is 'active' here, there will be an option to 'Link your Live Pass'

- Complete the relevant sections to 'login' with an existing Telstra ID (email / username) and password or register for a new Telstra ID with a new email address and password.

- Once complete, you can login across all platforms on the Official AFL Live App or AFL.com.au with the linked Telstra ID credentials

Please let us know if you have any questions or need any further assistance

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Excellent! All good - linked across all platforms now. Thanks for the instructions, Dani39.

Cheers,
Billy
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to read Bill. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you require further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

I have followed this as I am having same problem and there is no option to "Link your Live Pass" on screen.
I have been to a telstra shop I have been stuck with idiots on live chat asking me the same stupid questions then telling me to turn off wifi which if i do I have no connection!!! I have spent over an hour on this site. My tablet is linked by wifi at home only, my mobile phone is connected to live afl app, but this year cant connect tablet.
Highlighted

AFL live on wifi tablet

I have followed the information suggested as I am having same problem  being able to link wifi tablet to AFL Live Ap and there is no option to "Link your Live Pass" on my  screen.Shows all else including "Active"
I have been to a telstra shop I have been stuck with idiots on live chat asking me the same typed questions over and over again then telling me to turn off wifi which if i do I have no connection!!! I have spent over an hour on this site. My tablet is linked by wifi at home only, my mobile phone is connected to live afl app, but this year cant connect tablet.

I had no problem last year. System wont allow me to sign in with correct user name and password.

Highlighted

Hi there, the "Link your Live Pass" option should be from your mobile app. 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @kd24,

Thanks for your reply and I apologise for the difficulties attempting to link your subscription.

To clarify, where did you initially subscribe to the AFL Live Pass? Are you a Telstra Mobile customer? Or have you subscribed in-app via iTunes or Google Play?

Can you let us know the model (eg iPhone 8, Samsung S6) of your mobile and the tablet you are trying to connect?

- ToneB

Highlighted

Telstra mobile customer and home and internet. No problem on phone just cant get it on tablet this year??
Highlighted

My phone does not have the message that is recommended to link my tablet. Didnt have to do it through the phone last year, in fact only linked it to tablet initially last year.
So annoyed deleted app re loaded it. It says I am signed in but instead of green on live pass it is red!!!! and it wont allow me to sign in using correct signin and password details. Going to leave Telsta,only stayed with them when we went to NBN because I could get football. and as a Lions supporter only way to see games.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @kd24

If you're not seeing the link your live pass option, please check out our post here. Follow the steps at the bottom of the post based on the type of device that you're using.

If you're still having trouble, please let me know.

Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit