Highlighted
Natedawgg
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Video Error

Answered
It is currently 19:00 on a Saturday night. Since the beginning of the 4th quarter of the Giants Tigers game, I cannot access any video.
What is going on? This has been happening far too often for a service I pay hard earned money for.
Is thus a problem for everyone? Is something wrong? When will it be fixed? Will I be able to watch any football for the rest of the weekend?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Video Error

Hello @Natedawgg

Apologies for the issues accessing your Live Pass

There was a technical issue that was impacting some video playback services across AFL, NRL and FFA last night. 

This issue has been identified and resolved and should not impact any of the sports live streams today. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Smeds
Level 1: Cadet

Exact same problem here. Looks like it’s gone down for many people.
Natedawgg
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Let's hope they fix their **bleep** quick sticks.
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hello @Natedawgg

Apologies for the issues accessing your Live Pass

There was a technical issue that was impacting some video playback services across AFL, NRL and FFA last night. 

This issue has been identified and resolved and should not impact any of the sports live streams today. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

SamG2637
Level 2: Rookie

I’m in the USA and subscribed to AFL love to watch replays of games. I subscribed 3 days ago and haven’t been able to access anything at all. Every time I try to watch a get a “Video error” message. I’ve tried on several different devices.
Help?!
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @SamG2637

The agreement Telstra signed with the AFL is for an AFL Live Pass to be available to customers in Australia or New Zealand only.

If you are in the USA, you do not have access to Premium content.

I suggest requesting a refund in the store you purchased your subscription in:

iOS Users with an In-App subscription go to: https://tel.st/ny8ql 
Android Users with an In-App subscription go to: https://tel.st/fkkkg 

There is a way for AFL fans to access the footy outside of Australia, check out https://tel.st/pgv3l

(Please note watchafl is not associated with the AFL Live Pass)

SamG2637

I purchased it through the AFL Live app in the Apple App Store. The link you supplied enables me to cancel further charges but not to get a refund for amounts already paid. There’s no indication in the App Store or within the app that the subscription only works within Australia. Why on earth would the subscription be made available through the US Apple App Store if it cannot be used outside of Australia?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @SamG2637

The AFL Live App is available worldwide, however as per the terms and conditions that you accepted upon subscribing, premium content (live vision, full match replays) are only available within Australia and New Zealand to subscribers. 

You will need to contact Apple/iTunes directly to request a refund as we do not have access to their systems to assist further. 

Apple Support: https://tel.st/zz3mv

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

SamG2637

Really, seriously? You put the onus on the customer to weed through and discover that clause in the long contract of terms and conditions without just notifying them up front? Why would I even think such a condition exists?? Any app knows the country of the user and can very, very easily determine that they’re outside Australia. It’s a very simple matter to either block the subscription or at minimum, notify the user that the video will be unavailable before taking their money. Honestly, shame on you for suggesting otherwise.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now