CrowdSupport®
BobIkin
Level 1: Cadet

no access

Answered

I paid a subscription to watch AFL overseas in the UK for a week but could not access because of a 'video error"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: no access

Your problem will be because the AFL Livepass is for use in Australia.

If you want to watch AFL whilst overseas, you need a subscription to watchafl.com (which is run by Fox Sports and is not affiliated with the Telstra product).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

That doesn't sound good BobIkin, 

I'm sorry you had trouble trying to watch AFL from overseas. Were you able to report the issue at the time, & do you have someone looking into this for you?

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Accepted Solution

Your problem will be because the AFL Livepass is for use in Australia.

If you want to watch AFL whilst overseas, you need a subscription to watchafl.com (which is run by Fox Sports and is not affiliated with the Telstra product).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

BobIkin
Level 1: Cadet

Hello Angela

I had a reply from a crowdsupporter who advised that I need to use watchafl instead of afllive as I am overseas - I need to look at this and get a refund of my subscription to afllive 

You would need to apply for a refund from either Google or Apple (depending on whether you subscribed through an Android or iOS device) as Telstra do not have access to the billing systems. 

Don't forget to cancel your subscription, otherwise you will continue to be charged.

Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Boblkin,

Apologies for any hassles with your AFL Live Pass.

As Jupiter has mentioned, all Live Pass subscriptions are managed by the 

App Store or Play Store, depending on whether you use iOS or Android.

f you are using Android, please open the Play Store>options>subscriptions>AFL>cancel.

If using iOS, go to settings>your name>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID>view Apple ID>
Subscriptions>AFL>options>cancel.

To request a refund, 'report a problem' with the purchase for the store to review the refund request.

(You can also do this online, google search refund App Store/Play Store subscription to report online)

To find out more in regards to international access to WatchAFL, check out their website: https://tel.st/7eyag

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now