What are the key benefits of Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™?
With this new offer, you get heaps of included data.
- $30 get 2.5GB
- $40 get 5GB
- $50 get 7.5GB
- $60 get 10GB
All for use in Australia within 28 days.
With Data Bank, you can save up to 100GB of your unused data when you recharge $30+ before expiry. You can keep your unused data saved in the Data Bank for as long as you like on this offer; and access it when you have an active recharge. There’s no expiry on the Data Bank as long as you stay with Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™.
Activate on Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ using our $10 or $30 SIM Starter Kit before 29 January 2018 and you’ll get 5GB bonus to save in your Data Bank.
We’re also giving you unlimited access to Telstra Air® Wi-Fi data at over 1M Telstra Air hotspots around Australia.
You’ll get unlimited calls and texts to standard Australian numbers when you recharge $30 or more.
For recharges of $40 or more, you’ll also get unlimited calls from Australia to standard international numbers in 10 selected destinations. And until 26 February 2018, we’ve added three new destinations to the list for you.
How does Data Bank work?
Saving data – up to 100GB:
• When you recharge $30+ before expiry, any unused data is saved into your Data Bank
• The Data Bank is capped at 100GB. This means any data that l goes over this limit will not be saved
• You can’t save unused data in your Data Bank when you recharge after expiry. A good thing is that any previously saved unused data is yours to keep for as long you like on this offer.
• You can directly top up your Data Bank by buying Data Plus Packs
• Any bonus data we give you is also saved in your Data Bank
Using your Data Bank
• You can access the Data Bank when you’ve got an active recharge
• You’ll automatically start using your Data Bank once the data included with your current recharge is used up
• You won’t lose any data you’ve previously saved up in your Data Bank. You can keep it for as long as you stay on Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™.
• If you let your recharge expire, your Data Bank will remain on your account. Just recharge again on Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ and you can access that Data Bank while your recharge is active.
• Your Data Bank won’t expiry unless you change offer or your pre-paid service is deactivated.
If I recharge less than $30 before expiry, what happens to my unused data?
You won’t lose your unused data – you still have until the expiry date of the previous recharge to use it (you need to keep recharging $30+ for unused data to be saved in your Data Bank).
What happens to the rest of my unused inclusions? Can I also save them if I recharge before expiry?
All other inclusions (including any Extra Credit) with your Pre-paid Extra offer expire after 28 days and don’t rollover even if you recharge before expiry.
What is Extra Credit?
Extra Credit is an included credit that can be used on international calls and text, roaming and premium SMS. Extra Credit excludes calls, text and MMS to Australian numbers, diversions, MessageBank® retrieval, and internet browsing within Australia and Google Play Content purchases.
The amount of Extra Credit provided is $5 with every $30 recharge, $10 with every $40 recharge, $15 with every $50 recharge and $20 with every $60 recharge on Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™.
I’m an existing Telstra Pre-Paid customer, will I get the benefits of the new Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ offer?
No, you’ll need to change from your current offer to the new Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ offer first. Before changing to this new offer, you should first compare it to your current offer, including expiry periods and rollover rules, as these may differ. If you change offer, you may lose unused portions of your current offer.
So, if you’ve got unused credits for calls, text and data, best to use them first before changing offer.
If I switch to Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™, can I switch back to my old offer?
If you switch to Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™, you won’t be able to switch back to your old offer if it is no longer available for new customers, such as Telstra Pre-Paid Plus®. You can only switch between our other current offers including Telstra Pre-Paid Day2Day®, Telstra Pre-Paid Simplicity® and Telstra Pre-Paid Long Life.
How is Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ different to my current Telstra Pre-Paid Plus® offer?
• Pre-Paid Extra gives you more data that can be used throughout day.
• You can, if recharging $30+ before expiry, save up to 100GB of unused data on Pre-Paid Extra. Unused data in your Data Bank won’t expire (unless you change offer or your service is deactivated). This is different to Pre-Paid Plus: if you recharged before expiry on that offer, your unused data is rolled over to use only within your next recharge period.
• On Pre-Paid Extra, you’ve got another recharge option too: $60 for 10GB (available for use in Australia within 28 days).
• This Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ offer doesn’t appeal to me; can I stay on my current offer? Yes, you can remain on your current offer.
How do I call and text friends and family overseas with Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™?
On $40, $50 and $60 recharges, you’ll have access to unlimited calls from Australia to standard international numbers in Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, UK and USA. Your Extra Credit can be used to send international texts charged at 20c per SMS, and it can also be used on calls to destinations not included in the 10 above.
If you recharge $30, you’ll only be able to use your Extra Credit to send international text messages and make international calls at the standard rates. See Telstra.com/prepaidextraoverseas for the applicable rates.
Can Plus Packs be applied to Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™?
You can purchase and use our existing Plus Packs outlined below:
• International Roaming Browse Plus Packs
• Data Plus Pack (to directly top up your Data Bank)
• $10 Data Plus Pack: 1GB of data,
• $20 Data Plus Pack: 2.5GB of data,
You cannot purchase or use any other Plus Packs including Browse Plus Packs, Pics Plus Packs, Text Plus Packs or Talk Plus Packs while connected to the Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ offer.
Will the Data Plus Packs still have 7 days expiry like on the Telstra Pre-Paid Plus® offer?
No the 7 days expiry on Data Plus Pack no longer applies as your purchased data is saved in your Data Bank on the Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ offer.
Will the International Roaming Browse Plus Packs still last for 30 days?
Yes, the International Roaming Browse Plus Packs have a 30 day expiry period from the date of purchase.
How do I buy a Data Plus Pack or International Roaming Browse Plus Pack?
To buy a Plus Pack, you need to firstly have Recharge Credit. Only recharges less than $30 (i.e. $10 or $20) will give you this credit on Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™. Your Recharge Credit can then be traded in for a Data Plus Pack or International Roaming Browse Plus Pack via:
• My Account
• Telstra 24/7® App
International Roaming Browse Plus Packs start from $29. So, you’ll need to recharge a combination of $20 + $10 to get the Recharge Credit balance needed to purchase an International Roaming Browse Plus Pack.
How do I roam overseas with Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™?
You can roam overseas using the included Extra Credit in for a $30, $40, $50 or $60 recharge. Alternatively, you can also buy one of our International Roaming Browse Plus Packs. The cost of using your service overseas is higher than in Australia.
For more information on how you can roam overseas with your Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ service including applicable rates and how to purchase an International Roaming Plus Pack, see here.
Can I purchase Google Play content using my credit?
You won’t be able to purchase content from Google Play using included credit on this offer.
Can I Pay As You Go for data on this offer?
No, Pay As You Go Data is not supported in this offer. You’ll need to use your included data when recharging or data from your Data Bank. Remember you can also buy a Data Plus Pack to save in your Data Bank if you need more data before your next recharge period.
What happens if I recharge on Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ on an amount less than $30 or greater than $60?
If you’re on Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ and you recharge an amount less than $30 you’ll receive an equivalent amount of Recharge Credit. For example if you recharge $15 you’ll get $15 Recharge Credit, which can be used at our standard pay-as-you-go rates for national calls and text, international calls & text, roaming and Premium SMS. You can also use this Recharge Credit to redeem a Data Plus Pack or International Roaming Browse Plus Pack. You cannot use this Credit for any data use or Google Pay content purchases.
If you recharge an amount greater than $30 but less than $70 (other than the set amount of $30, $40, $50 or $60) you’ll receive the benefits of the nearest recharge amount (rounded down).
If you recharge an amount equal to or greater than $70, you’ll receive the benefits of the $60 recharge (unlimited calls and text to standard Australian numbers, unlimited calls to standard international numbers in 10 selected destinations (+ 3 until 26 February 2018), $20 Extra Credit) plus an amount of data as per below:
Recharge more than $60
Data to use anytime
Was this helpful?
Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved