Highlighted
Megafred
Level 1: Cadet

Calls from "Private" go straight to message bank

Answered
Phone calls received from most callers work perfectly.
However if the call is from Private it goes straight to voice mail.
How do I stop this..
Can't get calls from telstra
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Calls from "Private" go straight to message bank

Open "Phone", then go into settings (3 dots top right of screen), then "Block Numbers", then switch off "Block unknown callers".
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 24: Supreme Being

what sort of phone is it?

If it is an android, check you call settings in the phone app for any setting mentioning block list or call rejection. Sounds like rejecting anonymous numbers has been toggled on

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Accepted Solution

Open "Phone", then go into settings (3 dots top right of screen), then "Block Numbers", then switch off "Block unknown callers".
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Megafred

Telstra shopfronr have checked the phone and it is not baring calls or putting calls to voice mail.

The phone is a new Samsung S9
Megafred

If the phone was blocking or rejecting numbers why would it allow voice messages to recorded?

Because you have a message bank service, calls will get diverted to that if they can't get to you.
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

Megafred

Thank you the fix as suggested was to 'un'-block unknown callers.
Why didn't Telstra staff on 132200 know this.
There solution involved cancelling my VIOP LTE capability. What will that effect

Mobile Tech Support would be more geared to troubleshoot issues with the service, not issues with the phone itself.

TBH i'm surprised the store didn't pick up on this as their tech bar is more geared towards assisting with the device itself

@Yastiandrie Most Telstra Stores don't have a real Tech Bar. The licensed one's are definitely lacking in that regard.

@Megafred Disabling the VOIP LTE capability will mean that your phone wouldn't use LTE for voice calls. Plus, it wouldn't have done anything to solve your problem.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now