CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Sidewaykill
Level 3: Gumshoe

Can no longer Bill my Telstra account Google Play?

Answered

I tried to buy an app from Google Play, and the Bill my Telstra account option has suddenly disappeared, and it asks me for my card, and I can't find it in payment options. What is going on?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sidewaykill
Accepted Solution

Re: Can no longer Bill my Telstra account Google Play?

UPDATE: it has suddenly reappeared, don't worry.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

I have had customers have this same problem that disappears after a short time. I am not 100% sure what is going on but I expect that this may be as a result of a connection between our system and the Google payment system being lost.

We did have system maintenance over the weekend, which could be the culprit Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Sidewaykill
Accepted Solution

UPDATE: it has suddenly reappeared, don't worry.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

I have had customers have this same problem that disappears after a short time. I am not 100% sure what is going on but I expect that this may be as a result of a connection between our system and the Google payment system being lost.

We did have system maintenance over the weekend, which could be the culprit Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

hayleyc
Level 1: Cadet

My telstra account had dropped off google play too... whats going on?

Jakeyghere

Same problems here hasn't resolved itself for me yet
Jakeyghere

Payment unsuccessful

Message from your mobile server provider; ERROR

Google play

Been a few hours now nothing can be purchased from google play
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jakeyghere

Has this situation improved for you at all. We did a Carrier update towards the end of last week, and have been advised by many of those affected, that this situation has now been resolved.

Keen to hear if yours is too? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Nevac

Carrier billing for google play is no longer working once again reports the same error as before when I activated Telstra air. Not sure what caused it this time

edit : Working again now

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now