24bit
Level 1: Cadet

Cat S61 hotspot access to internet

Good Morning,

I have just purchased a Cat S61 smart phone. I can connect to the hotspot but I have no internet access. 

any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cat S61 hotspot access to internet

Hey 24bit, welcome to CrowdSupport!

Any change since you posted this?

While it's not a Telstra handset, it should still be able to pull the required settings from the network. The first thing I would try is:

Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile Network -> Advanced -> Access Point Names

To see if anything is populated there. If there is not, try the hamburger (three dot) button at the top right, and hit "reset to default."

If nothing happens, you'll need to manually configure the APNs which you can find here: https://tel.st/q5zf7

The community will correct me I'm sure, but there is a third APN off of which the Hotspot Function works, telstra.internet, with settings the same as the telstra.wap one published on the link above. According to my Pixel 2 XL, it is called "Telstra Broadband."

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Manolis

I have the same issue. Unable to be fixed.. been in touch with CAT and apparently it works on every other network but Telstra... Some fued or disagreement between the brand's... Any word on this?? I've had my phone for a year now and still can't get it going..

I've got a 65gig mobile plan going to waste Smiley Sad

fizz80

Hey big_dan, I'm in the same boat as you. Did you have any luck with your hotspot internet access?

Cheers

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now