CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
dkrlol
Level 2: Rookie

Galaxy S3 shutter sound

Answered

Hey,

Stock Galaxy S3 has the option to turn off the shutter sound for the camera. Telstra's branding takes away this functionality. Only way to stop shutter is to enter the phone in to silent mode. Could it please be fixed for the Jellybean update?

Also, information on the update page about when we will get Jellybean would be nice too, please.

Cheers,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Galaxy S3 shutter sound

If it's anything like the S2 then there is no way to do it that doesn't void your warranty =(
Lathania

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
dkrlol

Oh wait, even silencing the phone's sounds doesn't work.
Accepted Solution

If it's anything like the S2 then there is no way to do it that doesn't void your warranty =(
Lathania

Ah. Right you are, mostly. It's an option on US phones, but not international - as dictated by law. To stop perving. Fair enough, though it's rubbish that it makes the noise 8 times when take a burst-mode shot.

Haha that would be painful. I hate the sound too, it's just so loud.
Lathania

I cover the speaker hole thing with my finger ;-) 
It muffles it atleast, although it makes taking a picture fairly awkward 

I'm usually trying to take photos of puppies in Pet Stores to send to my Fiance with the hope he will crack and let me get one. But I don't want to make it obvious that I'm taking photos of them, thus my muffling ;-) 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Sefski

Yeah, absolutely fair enough. It's not like perverts will root their phone and disable the sounds where as us who actually want to keep our warranty are stuck with teh God awful noise of it.

Also, the question was to have this functionality added to the Jelly Bean update, how exactly is this solved?

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now