CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
jenbes
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Google account on more than one phone

Answered
I'm about to get a new phone and Sim. Can I leave my google account on my old phone which is prepaid and open it on my new phone which is post paid? I want to run both phones for awhile and get my contacts via sync onto my new phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Google account on more than one phone

I've got 4 handsets with the same accounts on them, works without an issue
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Depending on how you had your contacts stored on your old phone (ie as Google Contacts), they should appear on your new phone within a couple of minutes of logging in.

Yes, you should be able to have both phones logged into your Google account at the same time.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

I've got 4 handsets with the same accounts on them, works without an issue
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
jenbes
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Thanks for all your help.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now