CrowdSupport®
Stime
Level 1: Cadet

Not able to call while having service

Dear all,

During my travels in Australia, I wanted to have an Australian number with internet. I bought the prepaid $40 SIM+recharg deal. Unfortunately, I cannot get everything to work.

With the card, I have access to the internet with 4G, and have continuous service. I can send text messages by SMS, but I cannot cal or be called.

I cannot even call to 101 for voicemail or something.

When trying to call, I do not hear anything after pressing the call button.

Is this a known issue?

My phone is a Wileyfox Swift 2 plus running on Android 8.1.0. At the moment I have full Telstra coverage. I have my old SIM as dual SIM inserted, but because of the problems, I disabled that one.

Hopefully there is something I can do about it, thank you in advance,

Tom

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Not able to call while having service

The problem could be due to the Wileyfox swift 2 not supporting VOLTE which is required for making and receiving calls using 4G. If this is the cause of the problem you could go into the connection settings and set the phone to use 3G.

The 3G coverage available to phone will be limited due to the phone only supporting 3G 2100 MHz band. Most of Telstra’s towers transmit 3G on the 850 MHz band

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now