interrowhimper
Level 1: Cadet

Phone Identity/Number

Answered

I'm having an issue with uber, and in order to prove to them that I own my new number, so that I can get my account back, they need proof that I own the number. The way they want me to do this is 1: take a screenshot of the number displayed under phone identity. This of course is unknown and has apparently been so since the beginning of time, as there are topics from 4+ years ago of people complaining about this problem, with no apparent solution or change in the problem. If anyone know of a way to fix this any help is appreciated.

A second method given is the have telstra send an sms with my phone number displayed. Is this a thing telstra does, and if so I would appreciate and info on how to go about getting that.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Phone Identity/Number

Go in to the 24x7 app on your phone and send them a screenshot of the services tab.

If that's not enough for them, then they obviously don't want your business.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Go in to the 24x7 app on your phone and send them a screenshot of the services tab.

If that's not enough for them, then they obviously don't want your business.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
interrowhimper
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the suggestion. At this point I agree, if that's not enough time to move on.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now