CrowdSupport®
MasterShrive
Level 1: Cadet

Play MessageBank Audio Messages Within Messages App

Hi there,

On my Samsung S9, when someone left a message on my 101 MessageBank an option appeared within the Messages app (used for SMS) to press play and hear the audio they left from the missed call.

However, on my new S10+ I have to dial 101 to go and hear the message.

Is there a setting I am missing to get the audio to just appear on my phone? Is this something separate to MessageBank?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Play MessageBank Audio Messages Within Messages App

Hi @MasterShrive,

If you have the RCS settings on in your default SMS app and it doesn't appear our Mobile Faults team can help look into it any time on 132200 (say mobile fault) or via Live Chat here:  https://tel.st/ayhwf from 7am-midnight. 

Let us know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MasterShrive

Thank you for the reply.

I'm using the Google Messages app. Unfortunately, when I go to Messages, settings, chat features it says that "chat features is unavailable for this device". This is on a Samsung Galaxy S10. From what I can tell this is where I need to turn on RCS but it won't let me access it.

When I tried using the Samsung Messages app I was able to try the setting an my 101 messages appeared. However, I need to use the Google Messages app - any suggestions on how to allow the chat features to be turned on?

MasterShrive

I've done a lot more digging around but still cannot find an answer. Other forums are suggesting RCS can be enabled on the Samsung app because it uses a different or older version? Where as Google's app is the most up to date but Telstra hasn't updated yet? Could that be correct?

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now