Why RCS not working in Melbourne. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Rcs S10+ not working

It's been a bit hit and miss for the past week.

If you find that a message doesn't send, click on options, turn off "Send as Chat", retype (or copy/paste) message and send. Resend won't work.

RCS seems to be working at the moment though.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Anthonyranalli
Level 1: Cadet

Just had sim replaced. 

Still no good. 

Only way I can send messages is by turning off RCS. But funny thing is it only affects other Samsung users who are using RCS in my contacts. 

People using IOS I text no worries with RCS on still. 

Must be network error. 

RCS on a Samsung only works with other Samsung RCS users, contacting people on iOS reverts back to SMS anyway. It's always been that way.

I suspect that there is a problem with the Samsung RCS server (it runs through your Samsung account).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
GCrane1982
Level 4: Private Eye

Firstly RCS on Samsung is not limited to be between only Samsung devices. However I am having the same issues in Adelaide were RCS messaging is not working at all since the latest update which was installed over the weekend. 

Prior to this I was able to message other family and coworkers who use either a samsung or google pixel device. 

I have contacted Samsung and they have advised that RCS messaging is a carrier feature so i would need to contact Telstra. 

Anthonyranalli
Level 1: Cadet

Yes

Since I did the update is when the problem started. 

Never thought about that till you mentioned it. 

Please let me know how you go with your enquiry to Telstra 

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now