CrowdSupport®
LozzBewley
Level 3: Gumshoe

Samsung Galaxy S3 Will not turn on

Answered

Hi, 
My Galaxy as the subject says will not turn on.. at all. It ran out of battery yesterday while I was out which isn't unsual so it turned itself off and I didn't think anything of it. When I finally got home and began to charge it nothing happened at all. My husband also has a samsung so I tried his charger and nothing. I left it to charge overnight but it's still not doing anything. Has anyone else experienced this or can help me with ideas? Nothing happened to it yesterday either not dropped not wet nothing! No idea what is going on!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LozzBewley
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Will not turn on

All resolved I got a brand new 4G Galaxy so thanks Telstra! However didn't ask many questions when I was there as I was in a rush

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I have seen this happen a few times now. Your best bet would be to book a TechBar appointment for your local Telstra store to have the phone sent off for repair. There is a link in my signature to book TechBar appointments
LozzBewley

Thank you Ifor your prompt response, I have just been reading up about the faul. I am afraid I think there is no hope for my poor phone

bmrohde
Level 2: Rookie

Hi LozzBewley,

I have just had the same problem - I took my phone to my closest Telstra shop and they gave me a loaner while they send mine away. It was all really simple. Hope you have some luck and I will post back with the result of what Samsung does!

Cheers

Brad

LozzBewley

Hi Brad,
Thanks for your reply. I actually went in to Telstra that morning so mine should have been sent off today and I am just waiting to hear back from them. The lady who served me was great and said I would probably getting a replacement so I have a feeling they have dealt with it before I don't think its coming back from the dead! I too will keep you updated if I hear about mine before you hear about yours Smiley Happy I have read up that Samsung had been dealing with the issue so hopefully I won't get another phone from the same batch if I do.
Thanks
Laura!
Highlighted
LozzBewley
Accepted Solution

All resolved I got a brand new 4G Galaxy so thanks Telstra! However didn't ask many questions when I was there as I was in a rush

View solution in original post

Pete_M

My phone bricked on Friday as well for no apparent reason. Same symptoms and seemingly a problem with this phone across the 16Gb range. .

Here's hoping it will be replaced by a model more reliable.

ballzac2000
Level 4: Private Eye

can anyone confirm that this is the motherboard fault that has been identified within this model? i have seen/heard it a few times and it corresponds to the symptoms of the "sudden death Syndrome" that came with android 4.1.1

That being said make sure you update your s3's to 4.1.2 for the fix  for your new phones Smiley Happy

bmrohde

Hi LozzBewley,

I got my SGS3 back from Telstra on Thursday. Samsung replaced the mainboard and everything has been working fine. I took the initiative to update the phone before I restored my most recent backup. Obviously there has been another deployment in the time that my phone was gone.

We'll see how this goes. If it fails again, I will be demanding a new phone.

Cheers

Brad

LozzBewley

Well I can't confirm for sure but I was quite certain that is what happened. That being said, I actually had already updated my phone so that is a bit of a worry.

LozzBewley

Hi Brad,
Glad to here you got your phone back! Did you pay for extra warranty? I wonder why yours got repaired and I got a new one. I did have a bit of a tanty in the store because three people told me three different days to get my phone back. I did have extended warranty though I don't know if that makes a difference.
I had actually updated my phone before it died but maybe it wasn't the one that fixed the alledged "sudden death" issue. I just hope that the 4G models don't do the same.

LozzBewley

Hi Pete,
I am a little bit concerned that the problem may happen with my new phone too I hope they have fixed it Smiley Indifferent

jwilson28

Guess who else has had their galaxy 3 up and die for no reason. I wish I had seen this post before I did the run around with samsung who were no help at all, finally got onto telstra who told me to go to the nearest store.

I sure hope I get an upgrade. :-)

Wish me luck 

bmrohde

I'm not sure why mine was only fixed - I was just happy it was though. It has been a great phone since getting it back and getting the update done. Two whole days without a charge and still battery life to spare!
stevesydney
Level 1: Cadet

I had the exact same problem, it looks like i will be waiting at least 3 weeks before i get my handset back. I dont even have a loan phone as they said they ran out and just shrugged at me as if to say it wasnt their problem. Luckily i was able to borrow a friends old phone otherwise id be phoneless for 3 weeks.

LozzBewley

I agree despite the one issue I love the Galaxy I am a convert from an Iphone I wouldn't go back. The 4G has great battery life too which I am pleased about! I am sure in time they will fix the issue.

LozzBewley

Oops I meant to say one of my friends from work also had the same issue happen however hers just froze twice. They replaced the motherboard on hers aswell so it's a mystery why I got a new one. Maybe my tantrum really did work.

SmudgeyGirl
Level 1: Cadet

My phone has died today from the same problem I think. It was working fine this morning fully charged, as I was leaving work I checked my phone but couldn't get anything to come up. Tried turing it off & on again & it wont do anyhting now!! Very annoyed!!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now