CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
djkostya
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to bill Google play purchases to my Telstra account

Answered

I tried calling Telstra today and even went into a store to get help but nobody seemed to be able to find the problem.

Basically I am unable to purchase anything through the Google Play store by charging it to my post paid Telstra account. I receive the following message:

Your purchase on your Telstra AU billing account was declined. Please select a different payment method.

I remember when I first ported over to Telstra that I was able to do it but was being over charged for items so I called and had the service restricted. Now I want it to become unrestricted so that I can use it again.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to bill Google play purchases to my Telstra account

That error message indicates that you have either barred or limited premium content on your handset, this is a setting that only Telstra staff can modify for you. You will need to chat to billing and ask them to change the settings.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero

djkostya

Hi Caaf

Yes I did read a few of the threads on the forum before posting but thanks for the one you posted as I did not see that one.

I tried the method and while it looked like it was going to work it ultimately failed again.

As mentioned in my previous post I don;t believe this is a technical problem but more of a problem with my Telstra billing as I distinctly remember restricting this service with Telstra and now need to unrestrict the service.

Level 23: Superhero

Bugger. You may need to get on the Al Capone to sort out. Here I was thinking a quick clear of the cache would sort it.

Please report back any details relating to a fix (excluding personal info) as it may help others in the future.

Cheers,
Dave

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

That error message indicates that you have either barred or limited premium content on your handset, this is a setting that only Telstra staff can modify for you. You will need to chat to billing and ask them to change the settings.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

djkostya

Hi All. I finally was able to get hold of somebody in a Telstra store who knew what I was talking about and the issue has now been fixed.

vnzo

Hi Guys,

So today me and my brother are  unable to use Telstra Billing on Googleplay. Anyone else getting this issue?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi vnzo, 

Our accounts teams can help look into this for you via Live Chat. 

If your service is Pre-Paid:  http://tel.st/nxzt

And if your service is Post-Paid:  http://tel.st/49kl

Let us know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now