CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Apple Music free subscription - how to access

I would suggest checking with Apple support if they can remove the previous trial details so you can use the Telstra service with this. It sounds like it's trying to register 2 trials and causing issues so the original trial need to be looked into so we can add the new one. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JaredBell
Level 3: Gumshoe

I spoke to someone from Telstra today and they said apparently the Telstra techs and Apple are aware of the issue and are working on it. Not sure how true that is though.
Support Team
Support Team

We know some customers may be experiencing slow mobile service mobile when downloading or updating apps, or streaming music. We’re investigating and will give an update as soon as we can. This may be fixed for some recently. This may be linked but I still feel this may be the trail period. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Reggie11
Level 1: Cadet

I am missing out on a service where I have followed all the protocols. I should not be in a position where I have to pay for Apple Music to enjoy the service. Testing should have been completed on this procedure to ensure clients do not miss out on this service.
JaredBell

Just spoke to Telstra again, and here is what they said.

"We're actually having an ongoing issue with activating Apple Music to some of customers account."

Which we know, but it's good that someone finally acknowledged it. 

Then:

"We still don't have an update here though they are doing their best to fix this the soonest as possible,

I will be sending you an email once the work instruction has been provided to us"

I will post the answer once I get the email.

Hoping it doesn't take too much longer.

joshnh
Level 2: Rookie

I spent over six hours on the phone to both Telstra and Apple yesterday. All of that back and forth led to the following information:

- Apple have no access to carrier bundles (which is what Telsta use to create Apple Music subscriptions).
- The issue is 100% on Telstra's end. This was first told to me by various Apple support staff, and then in the end, also by Telstra senior support staff.
- Server access isn't the issue: incorrect emails/passwords do not validate (server authentication is therefore working) and if Telstra cancel and reissue the subscription then the cancelled subscription shows on your Apple account (which is very very weird; why are only cancelled subscriptions appearing).
- This issue does not appear to be related to the under-the-ocean cable problem that is effecting the speed of Apple services (streaming music, App Store, etc.).
- According to Apple, if the Telstra subscription is activated while you have an existing Apple Music subscription (e.g. the free three month trial) then it will be ignored by Apple; they only respect one active subscription.

Funnily enough, I actually received a phone call at around 4pm today from Telstra telling me that this problem had been fixed but I'm unable to get it to work still, and it appears I'm not alone.

In terms of the activation process—and the original question of this thread—Apple knows about the subscription through automated software that links your Telstra service with your Apple account by using the following link on your iPhone: http s://itunes.apple.com/carrier

My overall impression is that there is a bug in the way the Telstra carrier bundle is set up and until that is fixed no one will be able to get this working.

Hope this helps, and I really hope this is resolves sooner rather than later.
taygan

Telstra Customer Experience

Cmm3

"Telstra (who are telling me it's an Apple issue) and Apple (who are telling me it's a Telstra issue)"

JaredBell

"Called Telstra, they have palmed me off to Apple......so it continues. Apple say it's Telstra's issue.......sigh"

runuts77

"...I've wasted over 10 hours on it thus far."

Nathan_W

"...I spoke to Apple Support today and my issue was escelated to a senior tech who advised to call Telstra back"

MisterMooth

"I've tried contacting both Telstra and Apple multiple times, and each time they just tell me to talk to the other one."

Reggie11

"Please advise what we can do for we all have spent many hours with Telstra and apple support only to have nothing happen."

joshnh

"I spent over six hours on the phone to both Telstra and Apple yesterday."

More Telstra/Apple Music Stories

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7244985

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2452979&p=6

TONYGILD

Hi

I have a similar issue 

I have a 24 Month Free Apple Music subscription from Telstra as part of my iPhone package

I have just been charged by Apple Music Itunes store for my next months subscription when obvioulsy they shouldnt have. I had previously signed up with them for a 3 month trial

I have received a 4 digit access code from Telstra this morning ( in fact I got 2) after Itunes had charged my credit card

I am totally confused

Please tell me what to do????

Ta

Support Team
Support Team

Did you cancel your 3 month Trial before you applied for the 24 month Free Apple Music subscription? 

If Apple has charged you and you have used the promotion code, please contact them

rickglid

Hi Arbil,

I have been through ALL you have!! But not stating it here previously

However, I did receive an SMS, which I clicked on the link & was taken to a page that wanted my Apple id, & 'Confirm", which I did. Then a congratulatiobs etc, I have now a free 12 month subscription to Apple Music!

(BTW. I had a 3 month Apple Music trial, which expired on 1/10/15). I was advised by one of the many Telstra support people I had contacted, to try and get the same answer you have been persuing,  to turn OFF Auto renew, in my Apple Account for Apple Music, which I did before 1/10/15. I had a lot of albums on my iMac that I had downloaded under the free trial.)

On my new iPhone 6+ Music app. I see those albums, but if I go to my iTunes app. on my iMac, they are gone!

If I go & look at my account under the 'subscriptions' selection, it tells me my Apple Music free trial has expired and to renew, with the selectable buttons for a single or family monthly subscription. No word on the the Telstra-paid subscription.

The same Apple id is used, which, as has yourself, been my id for years.

I have tried to get some sense out of Telstra Support people as well, but none (including the local Telstra shop), can tell me how Apple knows that Telstra has given me a free 12 month subscription to Apple Music.

The only other action I can think of is if I go to my account etc to the Apple Music subscribe button & select the $11.99 monthly renewal, maybe it will say it has been paid!??? by Telstra!! ----wishful thinking I think. But I dont want to commit to a monthly renewal if telstyra has paid it already. 

HOW DOES ONE FIND OUT IF THIS IS THE CASE???
TELSTRA SUPPORT DON'T APPEAR TO HAVE ANY IDEA HOW APPLE KNOWS THAT TELSTRA HAS GIVEN THAT APPLE ID A FREE 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION FOE APPLE MUSIC TO BE USED WITH THAT APPLE ID ON ANY DEVICE WITH A VALID APPLE ID.

If this offer only works on iPhones with an APPLE ID, maybe it is the case ....Apple Music free subscription will only be valid on them, otherwise, anyone with an APPLE id who owns an Android, Samsung  etc connected to Telstra & uses iTunes, would be able to access their free subscription on them as well.

We will keep asking!!

Regards,
RickGlid
rickglid

Hi Arbil,

I have been through ALL you have!! But not stating it here previously

However, I did receive an SMS, which I clicked on the link & was taken to a page that wanted my Apple id, & 'Confirm", which I did. Then a congratulatiobs etc, I have now a free 12 month subscription to Apple Music!

(BTW. I had a 3 month Apple Music trial, which expired on 1/10/15). I was advised by one of the many Telstra support people I had contacted, to try and get the same answer you have been persuing,  to turn OFF Auto renew, in my Apple Account for Apple Music, which I did before 1/10/15. I had a lot of albums on my iMac that I had downloaded under the free trial.)

On my new iPhone 6+ Music app. I see those albums, but if I go to my iTunes app. on my iMac, they are gone!

If I go & look at my account under the 'subscriptions' selection, it tells me my Apple Music free trial has expired and to renew, with the selectable buttons for a single or family monthly subscription. No word on the the Telstra-paid subscription.

My free trial wasn't replaced with the Telstra one!!

The same Apple id is used, which, as has yourself, been my id for years.

I have tried to get some sense out of Telstra Support people as well, but none (including the local Telstra shop), can tell me how Apple knows that Telstra has given me a free 12 month subscription to Apple Music.

The only other action I can think of is if I go to my account etc to the Apple Music subscribe button & select the $11.99 monthly renewal, maybe it will say it has been paid!??? by Telstra!! ----wishful thinking I think. But I dont want to commit to a monthly renewal if telstyra has paid it already. 

HOW DOES ONE FIND OUT IF THIS IS THE CASE???
TELSTRA SUPPORT DON'T APPEAR TO HAVE ANY IDEA HOW APPLE KNOWS THAT TELSTRA HAS GIVEN THAT APPLE ID A FREE 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION FOE APPLE MUSIC TO BE USED WITH THAT APPLE ID ON ANY DEVICE WITH A VALID APPLE ID.

If this offer only works on iPhones with an APPLE ID, maybe it is the case ....Apple Music free subscription will only be valid on them, otherwise, anyone with an APPLE id who owns an Android, Samsung  etc connected to Telstra & uses iTunes, would be able to access their free subscription on them as well.

We will keep asking!!

Regards,
RickGlid
joshnh

rickglid, according to the Apple support staff that I spoke to yesterday you will not be able to see your Telstra Apple Music subscription by logging into your Apple account as you are not the one paying for it, Telsta are. It is apparently handled by a Telstra carrier bundle. With that being said, once it is correctly set up you can call Apple and they should be able to see it linked to your account. The issue at the moment is that the set up process is currently broken.

In terms of what Apple Music will work on, once it is set up it will work on all devices logged into your Apple account that have either iTunes or the Apple Music iOS app. But I believe it has to be set up on the iPhone linked to the plan offering the free subscription due to how the carrier bundle works.
TONYGILD

Hi

I have received 3 text messages from Telstra now with 4 numeral codes but no instructions on what do to with them

Can you please advise

Ta

Support Team
Support Team

You can follow the instructions in the following link to sign up to Apple Music:  http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/User-guides-Help/My-Apple-Music-subscription/ta-p/483180

Follow the screen and there will be an option for your offer code

diikii

Guys... Has anyone actually read this thread from start to finish? It's pretty ridiculous. Surely this is something that can be raised with the product manager and sorted out?

It's clear that the resources Telstra staff have, compared with the information we have as customers and what is actually happening are all three very seperate things.

The reality is that:

- We're meant to get a 24 month subscription. Great!

- Telstra staff think that if they see "Free Apple Music" in Siebel then we must be getting it

- As customers, we have no way to redeem the actual offer (we're told to go into My Account, to wait for texts, to log out and back in)

- Apple have no idea that we should be getting a free subscription and we're still paying.

The big thing missing here is that we have no way to redeem it and everyone thinks something different.

Surely it doesn't take three pages of arguing with your customers on a forum thread to get some answers. I can't tell you how frustrating it is, and the way I was just spoken to on chat was absolutely appalling. Especially as a new customer.

Can someone, please just STOP GUESSING, stop with the back and forth and actually raise this with the right people within Telstra to help everyone out in one reply? There are 115 posts in this thread. Please!

diikii

For anyone that this might help, this is the TXT you're meant to receive:

"Welcome to Apple Music. Click https://itunes.apple.com/carrier to start using the app. For Terms: http://tel.st/appleterms"

And apparently once you click the iTunes link on your mobile, while connected to Telstra mobile data rather than WiFi it automatically links with your Apple ID.

bearlobe
Level 4: Private Eye

I'd just like to put my hand up and say that I'm going through the same thing. My Apple music trial (through Apple) has expired, and I'm unable to activate the trial through Telstra. It wouldn't be an issue, but I was quite happy with Apple music and just cancelled my Spotify subscription.

Lets hope this is all solved quickly!

Cmm3

So I have managed to sign in to Apple Music following the fairly convoluted steps outlined in this thread: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2452979

1) Sign out of AM.
2) Press SMS link.
3) Attempt to login but nothing happens, just sits there.
4) Force closed AM.
5) Open back up and tapped "For You", tapped the Sign In there.
6) Now it had already known I was linking with Telstra.
7) Logged in on this screen. Took a while then went in to app.

Once in, I was able to select the option to save an album for offline listening. I was then prompted to sign in to iCloud Music Library in Settings. Tried to turn it on and it simply switches back off. Nothing I do allows me to turn that setting on. 

Next problem: as soon as I close the app and re-open it, it appears I'm signed out and I have to go through the seven steps outlined above (plus an additional one - turn off my phone and turn it back on). This is ridiculous and makes the free subscription from Telstra entirely unusable (my inability to turn on iCloud Music Library aside). 

I'm expecting another call back from Apple tonight - this will be about the 5th or 6th time their support team has contacted me trying to resolve the issue. They are at least attempting to help, unlike Telstra. 

Telstra: this is completely unnacceptable. I selected a higher dollar value phone plan based on the bonus offer of a 24 month subscription. I cancelled my Spotify subscription to utilise your offer. It does not work and you are doing nothing to assist me to resolve the issues. How many times have I now asked for assistance in this thread and been ignored? It would be nice if someone here could at least acknowledge the difficulties I am having. I have now spent more than a week trying to solve this. 

Tris

OMFG this is painful to read!!

The SMS you were supposed to recieve simply says "Welcome to Apple Music. Click https://itunes.apple.com/carrier/ to start using the app" - enter that link into Safari on your iPhone - it will then bring up the carrier link page where you can then enter your Apple ID and link it with your mobile. You must enter that link into Safari on your phone.

ZMan82

This is a known issue that has not been resolved since October 1.

I got the AM Telstra offer and I got it on my iPhone. Only problems are:

1. All my downloaded music which I made offline randomly disappears at the start of the day, every other day. I have to redownload them all and this is severly wasting my home wifi data and telstra 4G data.

2. I open itunes on my macbook and it either tells me my subscription has expired, or I can see my apple music playlists but can't make them offline. Or if I do manage to make them offline, they randomly get deleted the next morning and i have to redownload them all like I do on the iPhone.

3. Sometimes I simply get the error message that my subscription has expired.

It's just a subscription that's being paid for by Telstra. Surely it can't be that hard to link the two? 

If all else fails, why doesn't Telstra just give everyone a $11.99 a month discount so we can all just sign up directly with Apple and put all this nonsense and time wastage behind us?

Can someone from Telstra please acknowledge this as a serious issue and advise what steps that Telstra has taken / will take to address this? The longer this get dragged on, the more damage this is doing, both to the telstra brand as well as apple.

Dean_Calman

Consider me a +1 on this issue. I never received the activation SMS yet Telstra have assured me the offer is active ( and it says so when I log into to Telstra online). If I log out of the apple music app then occasionally I will get a log in screen which seems to recognise that I have a carrier subscription through Telstra. If I then login, it seems to be completely touch and go as to whether it will work: sometimes I can stream and make tracks available for offline without any issue - sometimes I get the error message advising that this track is not available to download. Regardless, it seems completely broken when I then access my library in iTunes on my macbook. Songs I have added to my music from Apple Music show as being in my library but are not streamable or downloadable.

Calls and tweets to Telstra have resulted in the same kind of stuff I've been hearing in this thread.

This is a debacle.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi ZMan82,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Apple Music subscription. I suspect the reason it is not provided as a blanket discount is so that someone can't represent that they have a subscription when they don't, and so are able to receive a discount to which they are not entitled.

In regards to your synchronisation issues, have you had a look at the Apple Music Support pages? This one looks like a good place to start: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204839

runuts77

@Big_Dan wrote:

Hi ZMan82,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Apple Music subscription. I suspect the reason it is not provided as a blanket discount is so that someone can't represent that they have a subscription when they don't, and so are able to receive a discount to which they are not entitled.

In regards to your synchronisation issues, have you had a look at the Apple Music Support pages? This one looks like a good place to start: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204839

Big_Dan or any representative of Telstra. Can one of you escalate this to the correct department that actually has knowledge of how this works. Its absultely ridiculous that customers are having to chase this up constantly with possibly solution.

I've personally now wasted some 16 hours and I can assure you, I won't be paying a single bill until this is resolved. I upgraded with this as an incentive, yet I cannot even access it. Its false and misleading!

MisterMooth

Yeah, this is beyond ridiculous. The support answers on here are all the same and don't help at all since they blatantly ignore the issues on Telstra's end. It's pathetic that us paying customers are forced to do all this running around just to enable the service we're paying for, with no official statement whatsoever even acknowledging the issue on their end and what they're doing about it.

Have you guys at Telstra talked with your higher-ups about this or not? Are your engineers aware about this and are they working the fix it? I've lost most of a month of the AM subscription I've been entitled to because there's been no solution to this, and Telstra refuses to acknowledge the problem even exists. This is the worst customer service I've ever had to deal with and no doubt I'll be seriously considering other carrier options in the future.

CreamCorn

I have nothing to add that will help any of us. But I too purchased a new iPhone 6s and was offered 24 month Apple Music. After my 3 month trail finished with Apple Music (Apples offer) I was able to get to the screen within the music app to link my apple account to my Telstra offer. That was 4 days ago and nothing I do will make Apple Music work. I also have wasted time chatting with Telstra. So +1 from me. This situation is a joke.
JaredBell

Dang, thought I had it working for a second. Signed out, clicked the link. Entered my AppleID and password and it only took 5 seconds to login. The For You section was working and not making me sign in. Was getting excited.....till I tried to play a track I hadn't already purchase.....nope, doesn't work....why do you play these mind games with us Telstra???
JaredBell

This post might get deleted, but I say we ALL Facebook and Twitter post about this until we get a solution.
ZMan82

Thanks for the response but respectfully that's not what I'm after.

I know how Apple Music works and do not need you to send me links to apple's support pages.

All I want is an aknowledgment from telstra's end. Does higher management know that their Apple Music offer is not working? Or is not working properly and could very well be false advertising? What steps have you taken to resolve this issue? Are engineers actually looking into this rather than have moderators send out random Apple support page links and tell their customer to resolve this themselves? How are customers being compensated in the meantime with no access to the service promised, wasted data usage to redownload songs wasted time talking to Telstra reps that lead to nowhere??
diikii

Just got this from Apple:

"Apple Music is free for 90 days, once the free trail membership ends then it will be renewed automatically. The best way to get help for your issue is to contact Telstra. You can find their contact information on this page:

https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us"

joshnh

So for now, so that I can use Apple Music, Telstra are reimbursing me the cost of the monthly subscription so that I can go ahead and purchase it through Apple directly.
Cmm3

Me too, joshnh.
I lodged a complaint after dealing with about 4 different Telstra reps yesterday (including one on live chat who asked me if I had downloaded the Apple Music app!!!). I received a call from the complaints team today. I told them I did not want any further troubleshooting advice and that I wanted to be compensated for the subscription offer that did not work. Took a fair bit of persistence, but end result is 24 months x $11.99 credited to my account.
I've since signed up to AM through Apple and it's working just fine. The issue I was having with iCloud Music Library has been resolved. So, clearly Telstra, the issue is with your system, not with Apple Music as you so frequently tried to tell me.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Cmm3,

I'm sorry you had this trouble, could I please grab your SR or INT case number so I can cross reference this post to that 

Angela 

Dean_Calman

What about all the other people in this thread with the same issue Angela? Do we all need to formalise complaints or will Telstra do the right thing?

Dan76

Can you advise if this issue has been escalated? Heaps of people having issues it seems both reported here, Twitter and Whirlpool forums.

I have two mobiles on my account with the Telstra music subscription active but stuck in the endless loop when I open the Music App

Your Apple Music membership with Telstra will be
linked to your Apple ID, xxxxxxx@gmail.com, so
you will be able to listen on your other devices.

Basically it keeps asking me for my appleid user and password in an endless loop.

That's occurring on two mobiles on my Telstra account with two different Appleids, Telstra music subscription active for both. No active Apple Music subscription on both.

Apple Music trial expired on the 1st Oct for both and they not been able to link to the actual Telstra music offer.

ZMan82

Yes Angela_Telstra, how do we get reimbursed like joshnh has? Who do we contact directly?

I don't want to spend hours on the phone with multiple reps trying to resolve this. Just reimburse everyone affected by the inefficiency in your own system. This is false advertising if we can't get the product we were promised!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Dan76,

Did you have the free trial direct with Apple, and if so after it ended, did you contact them to remove it before trying to add our free trial?

Dean_Calman,

Not everyone is having the same issue at this stage, from what I can tell some issues have been a result of having the 3 month free trial before ours. In saying that, it would be best to contact us an explain your individual situation so we can problem solve with you 

Angela 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi ZMan82,

I would say that a rebate for a product that is free would not be the norm. 

Anyone having trouble with the service is able to contact us, or apple to problem solve as to why the service isn't working. Yes this feed has people with reasons why they have not been able to use the service, there are also thousands of happy customers too.

Both Apple and Telstra want you to get the most from this service and it is in both of our best interests to help you to get this working 

Angela 

Dan76

Angela_Telstra

No I didn't contact them to end my trial as it had expired.

YOUR SUBSCRIPTION
1 month
Expired 01 October 2015

RENEWAL OPTIONS
Individual (1 month)
Family (1 month)
$11.99
$17.99
To resubscribe, select a renewal option. Your Apple ID will
be charged and your subscription will begin immediately.

My Telstra account shows the Apple Music membership active

Apple Music Complimentary membership - 01/10/2015 - 30/09/2016
Apple Music 12 Month Offer

When I click on the SMS link..

Welcome to Apple Music. Click
https://itunes.apple.com/carrier to start using the app.

It starts the Apple Music app..

Your Apple Music membership with Telstra will be
linked to your Apple ID, xxxxxxxx@gmail.com, so
you will be able to listen on your other devices.

Then comes up with my appleid and password box. It remains on this screen indefinitely. If I hit continue I get the same applied and password box. Stuck in an endless loop.

My appleid does not register the Telstra music offer it still shows the above.

I have also removed the Apple Music offer in my Telstra account and added it back in several hours later. No difference.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Dan76,

You still need to contact them, the trial may have expired but they are still linked as your provider of this service (they gave you the trial in the hope you'd join with them of course!) You need to contact them to officially cancel and un-link their billing option to make our work

Angela 

joshnh

Angela_Telstra, I have contacted Apple directly and they are unable to un-link the cancelled trial as you are suggesting. According to Apple the fact that the trial has expired means that it is no longer blocking any further subscription.
CreamCorn

What's the number because if that's what's required to get this thing working I'm all over it.
Ben-W

This is ridiculous!

Quite literally no one who previously had a 3 month Apple Music trial can successfully redeem the Telstra offer and associate it with their Apple ID. Why am I having to play phone tag between Telstra and Apple both of whom are playing the blame game when it is clearly a widespread issue?

Frustrated1011

Angela I have spent 5 hours on the phone to telstra/apple playing phone tag with everybody asking the exact same questions and no one thus far has been aware of the problem. I have received no solution other than the option to complain. This is not good enough. 

midniteoz

Can someone from Telstra please acknowledge that there is a problem..... Please.

Because this seems to be a consistant problem for many people.... not some small problem that ony 1 or 2 people have.

You are not providing the service that is promised/advertised - and I'm concerned that this will need to be refered to the Consumer comission if not acknowledge/resolved.

Ben-W

Yep, the lack of transparency is what gets me. All Telstra have to say is that its a known issue and they're looking into it. That's it. If nothing else it stops both Telstra reps and customers from wasting their time.

Instead they keep putting the blame back onto individual customers accounts and tell them to contact Apple.

You can even see in this very thread how conjecture and speculation from Telstra staff as to what *might* be happening has slowly morphed into official instructions, and that we must contact Apple to remove/un-link the trial.

Those of us who have found someone at Apple who knows what Telstra *is* have been pretty clearly briefed -- a) it's Telstra's fault, b) Expired trials do not block carrier billing and in fact c) There's nothing to "unlink".

MrandMrs_D

My story is sadly all too familiar. I've done the run around with Telstra and with Apple. I'm satisfied enough to know that it's an issue from Telstra's end and not Apple's end.

It's not just the cost of the subscription, it's also the wasted data streaming, downloading for offline listening and then loosing those tracks as well.

I've generally always been happy with Telstra's service and assistance when things go wrong but this time I've been promised call backs and not received anything.
jamespb78

"I would say that a rebate for a product that is free would not be the norm.

Angela 
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team"

Angela,

I respectfully suggest you read up on consumer law.  You have had a promotion where you have advised a service worth $11.99 per month will be available as part of a monthly mobile plan.

If you fail to provide what you have advertsied to customers, then you have a problem on your hands, and a customer would be well within their rights to seek that service elsewhere (in this case directly with apple music) and recover those costs from you - since you have failed to provide what you advertised.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jameswpb78,

I'm sorry if my comment came off quite cut and dried. What I should of said is that a blanket rebate in advance is not something that would be added to an account without a thorough investigation.

There have been numerous reasons why people have has issues, the main one I have found is that they started on the Apple 3 month free trial and their subscription info is stuck on that even though the free trial is over. 

I have been able to help many people by advising them to contact Apple to request that the subscription status via them be removed, this has been done and they have then almost immediately  in some cases, been able to access our product. 

If you believe your case is unsolvable and that there is a technical reason as to why we can not offer you this service now, and will not be able to in the future, then please contact our account area to discuss this further http://tel.st/49kl

Angela 

taygan

Angela please be aware, many users are experiencing this specific issue because of Telstra's extended 12 Month trial (pre iPhone 6s).

In store Telstra reps advised on launch day that the new bundled subscription would simply 'overwrite' the old (which has obviously not happened).

This has been escalated to senior product engineers within Apple and it has been made very clear this is 100% a Telstra issue. We are still waiting for Telstra to acknoknowledge there is a known problem that is actively being investigated with a pending resolution.

I have now had countless Live Chat's, Telephone Support Calls, promise of follow up from Telstra with no one getting back to me. What is the escalation process to ensure this case has the right level of attention?

JaredBell

Been a few, so I thought I would try and see if the problem has been fixed.......nope. And Telstra haven't said anything here either. Almost 3 weeks into our "free 24 months of Apple Music" and nothing. What is going on Telstra??

Telstra 24x7®

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now