CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Apple Music

Answered

*le sigh*

Just as I expected...
No desire to provide anything unmetered...
No desire to provide anything at all in the way of value...
I mean even the new bundles aren't anything new... the Medium "super great value bundle" is just the a recycled version of the Connected Everyday just $1 cheaper...

"Data charges apply for downloading the Apple Music app and when using the app. Data usage is aprox 6mb per song when streaming music. You can estimate your monthly data usage at https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/plans-and-rates/data-usage-calculator"

It sucks too... because I really wanted to be proved wrong... I knew I wouldn't, but I really hoped... I really feel sorry for the poor staff who are going to have to deal with the crap that comes from it...

Oh well, it isn't the fault of the poor staff here... the problem is that again, it proves that what customers what mean nothing to the decision makers...

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Apple Music FAQ

Just on a side note, because it is pretty much the reason I will have no choice but to find something else, but I have in the past used MOG about 6 hours a day over a month, once you average it out, which if you average songs as 4 min, and use your average of 6MB per song, that means about 100MB an hour, that means a huge increase in data... it is just disappointing... that is the only way to really express it...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Deathcab
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

i'm really angry about this too, I drive around alot and am always listening to MOG on the road and now we are expected to pay a monthly fee + data charges for Apple Music. totally disgusting.

Accepted Solution

I couldn't agree more, it is a poor excuse for a alternative solution... it shows a seriously disconnect between what the customer wants, and is telling them they want and what Telstra has decided we want... because apparently, as the consumer we have no idea....
Helpful Links

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Accepted Solution

Just on a side note, because it is pretty much the reason I will have no choice but to find something else, but I have in the past used MOG about 6 hours a day over a month, once you average it out, which if you average songs as 4 min, and use your average of 6MB per song, that means about 100MB an hour, that means a huge increase in data... it is just disappointing... that is the only way to really express it...
Helpful Links

Deathcab
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

i'm really angry about this too, I drive around alot and am always listening to MOG on the road and now we are expected to pay a monthly fee + data charges for Apple Music. totally disgusting.

Accepted Solution

I couldn't agree more, it is a poor excuse for a alternative solution... it shows a seriously disconnect between what the customer wants, and is telling them they want and what Telstra has decided we want... because apparently, as the consumer we have no idea....
Helpful Links

By the way, if your name is referring to @Deathcab for cutie, than you are epic... DCFC are pretty much one of the most epic bands in existence. Smiley Happy
Helpful Links

Snappa32
Level 1: Cadet

Does anyone know if the 12 month deal will be available to buisness GO customers too ?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Snappa32,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

As long as it is on a post-paid plan then it should be eligible. You will be able to confirm this by accessing your My Account service. You can click on the mobile you want the subscription to be registered against, navigate to 'Add Ons' and if this is available there will be a section for 12 month Apple Music subscription.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Snappa32

Hi DingoDan,

are you able to confirm that it is defiantly available for buisness GO customers, i have searched through the small buisness online account and have not been able to find anything in regards to music.

Thanks,
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I have checked the details further and regrettably it does appear this 12 moth trial of the service is only available to consumer services and not business plans sorry. You are still able to take advantage of the 3 month trial of this service that is being provided by Apple Music directly. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Topher1976
Level 3: Gumshoe

EXTREMELY disappointed that Apple Music is not unmetered!  If this is to replace MOG then why is it not unmetered???

Ex Telstra staff from several years ago.

Re: Apple Music

Because they don't care.
Helpful Links

Wazza65

I didn't ask for this **bleep**, I'm not interested in Apple Music as I have enough songs on my IPhone (14,000 last check) but that didn't stop them adding it to my contract then try charging me for it. And then I have to deal with a POS Filipina call centre agent.

You can activate/deactivate the offer in MyAccount without needing to speak to any staff. However that being said, that subtle racism is not really polite, regardless of your opinions they are people doing their job.
Helpful Links

Telstra 24x7®

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now