CrowdSupport®
MrRob1983
Level 2: Rookie

Apple Music

Hi all

Upgraded phones so new contract I'm trying to add Apple music to my plan under add one I just get a msg saying some error on the Telstra app and online. I rang up today and was told that Apple subscriptions can't be added to plans now but why is it still a add on?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Apple Music

Hi MrRob1983,

Thank you for reaching out.

What plan are you currently on? I can check this out for you.

You can also find some handy information on Apple Music here- https://tel.st/retmc

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MrRob1983

Hi Emma

I'm on the M $79 now with S10plus before I upgraded from previous plan using new phone feeling I was on a G0 mobile plan using Apple music no issues what so ever I added it from the 24/7 app. Now I just get a error but the option to add Apple music subscription is still a add on has been since plan changed 5 days ago. I just used my old SIM in new phone didn't activate the new one that came with s10plus. Puzzling why adding a Apple subscription is a option still but I can't 🤔 anymore.

Thanks
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Rob. 

So Apple Music is eligible with your plan.

I believe you are having issues because you just transferred the SIM instead of activating your new SIM that came with your S10+. 

As per the details in the link Emma sent https://tel.st/eyt6e:

Q. When will my Apple Music account work on my new phone or SIM?

A. Your Apple Music account will work as soon as you activate your new SIM.  We’ll send you a text confirming your Apple Music subscription is active.

I would recommend giving this a go and activating the new SIM card and see if you still get the same error message when trying to set up your Apple Music. Let us know how you go. 

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

MrRob1983

i have activated my new sim with still no luck. i have rang up again they think there is a issue with the 24/7 app atm it has been escalated to back of house. 24/7 app is the only way to add a subscription so they tell me and they believe the app it self is having technical difficulties as the app is throwing a errror msg of we are experience technical difficulties now.

I will keep you posted when back of house responds
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Rob. 

Please do let us know how you go. Would like to know what the solution is so others who may have the same issue can find the answer. 

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

MrRob1983

Hi Tommy

i have not heard from the back of house but have called telstra again they advise me that they are no longer supporting apple music a add on to be added to billing you have to subscribe to apple directly also that it will no longer be data free streaming?

Find this to be utter BS as no where on the telstra site does it state so under apple music it clearly still says its a addon that can be added to any plan and streaming is data free. if this is the case telstra has lost me and i will be contacting the TIO as it was not disclosed to me when i recontacted phones weeks ago

Support Team
Support Team

Sorry to hear, MrRob1983. Certainly not the experience we aim to provide. Based on what you've told me, I encourage you to raise a complaint - https://tel.st/nvqky - here. 
A case manager will take a closer look and contact you to discern a resolution.
Take note of the 'SR' reference number generated on submission.
If you then choose to engage the TIO, they'll ask for the offered resolution, as well as that SR number.
Please let us know how you get on, as I'd like to hear this is being addressed as a priority. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra 24x7®

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now