ireneconner2
Level 1: Cadet

Apple music

Answered
I was signed up to Apple Music when I took out a new contract but have not used it as yet. My friend tells me she did the same - but did downloaded songs - but when she cancelled her subscription before the end of the trial period she lost all her music off her phone, including music she had on her phone prior to that. Is that normal? I am inclined to cancel mine without using it but want to ensure I do not lose my previous music. Any advice please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Apple music

Hi there

By the sounds of things, your friend downloading songs would have in fact counted as 'Apple Music' usage, which would explain why she lost some of her music, as it was tied to the App subscription.

Just to confirm, have you ever downloaded any songs via Apple Music? If not, you should be in the clear.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi there

By the sounds of things, your friend downloading songs would have in fact counted as 'Apple Music' usage, which would explain why she lost some of her music, as it was tied to the App subscription.

Just to confirm, have you ever downloaded any songs via Apple Music? If not, you should be in the clear.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
ireneconner2
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Will. No, I haven’t downloaded any songs so hopefully then I won’t lose any of my music if I cancel the trial. Thank you very much for your reply.
Kind regards
Irene

Telstra 24x7®

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now