CrowdSupport®
spark1234
Level 1: Cadet

Moving iTunes subscription from Telstra to Apple

Hi everyone!

Wondering if anyone has had any experience cancelling their iTunes Music subscription with Telstra and moving it to a direct subscription with Apple? I've spoken to Telstra and Apple and whilst the latter believes that if I cancel then sign up directly within 'a couple of days' I shoudln't lose my Music Library, they were fr from definite.

Thanks in advance

Siobhan

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Moving iTunes subscription from Telstra to Apple

Hi spark1234, 

If you set up Apple Music before cancelling your Telstra subscription you should not lose your Music Libary. The subscription is linked to your Apple ID. You can also save your playlists and in the case, you do lose your library, you will have the playlist available to save again. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

spark1234
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Iain

When you mention ‘saving my playists’ - I believe these are automatically saved as part of my iTunes... some songs within my playlists are my own (ie purchased) and some are from my iTunes Music subscription. If there is an additional action I need to take to save the playlists can you please advise?

Also, if I cancel my iTunes music sub with Telstra, will the charge for this be pro-rated according on my next bill?

Thanks
Siobhan
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us Siobhan, it is a month-to-month subscription and therefore not pro rated.

Hope this helps.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now