Rakka
Level 1: Cadet

apple music offer technical issues?

Hi, I have been trying to redeem the apple music offer for many frustrating hours now but constantly get the 'oops we are having technical issues' message. I am on an android and have tried through the 24/7 app, and through the website both mobile and desktop versions of the page. Any ideas when this will be working/what the issues are?
Thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Support Team
Support Team

Re: apple music offer technical issues?

Hi Rakka,

Sorry to hear of the frustration.

Can I ask if you have registered for a Apple ID as of yet?

If you need to get a Apple ID this can be done via: http://tel.st/le3ew

Once you have this you should be able to access on the device and activate.

Please let me know how you get on.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Peta-Louise

I am having the same issue. I downloaded the app and have a valid Apple ID. I am on a Pixel 2XL
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Peta-Louise

Are you still getting the issue since your post? 

Is this when going into the Apple Music app after activating the offer in your My Account online or Telstra 24x7 app? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Peta-Louise

Yes I am still having the issue. It is on the Telstra app, when I click the offer and say yes I want to redeem it, this error comes up:
Oops
We're having a technical issue.
Please bear with us & try again
It says in the Apple music app I don't have a Telstra offer
Robbo36

I’m having the same problem today. I hope it’s resolved soon
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Peta-Louise,

Sounds like something is wrong in the back end between the app and your account. Come and chat with us directly here: http://tel.st/8nzc7 and we can add the offer to your service manually. When connected with an agent, advise you wish to take up Apple Music and you've not been able to do so through the 24x7 App, you need it activated manually.

NonBlonde

Hello, I am having the same problem. Yesterday I tried to accept the offer of 6 mths free through the Telstra 24x7 app and got the irritating "Oops we are havin technical problems" message.
I called Telstra 13 22 00. They advised that even though the offer was appearing on my account details that it hadn't been activated when I upgraded my mobile plan in October. They implied that I should have taken up the offer straight away instead of waiting. Hello!!! Is this a satisfactory response? I don't think so.
I waited on hold for about 20 minutes and then was transferred over to the Bigpond email technical team about a separate issue on one of my bigpond email accounts - deactivated by Bigpond without notification but still appearing on my account details.
Anyway, the Telstra person said she would call me back in half an hour about the Apple Music issue before she transferred me. This was at 10.00 a.m.
I got the call back just after 4.00 pm. She told me that the Apple Music offer had been manually activated and an order had been sent to Apple Music. I would be receiving an SMS with a link to use to access the Apple Music app on my phone. The SMS arrived but the link didn't work. What a surprise.
I called Telstra again (13 22 00) and explained the situation and was told that I needed to give the order 24 hours before I tried to activate the offer. She also told me that from now on I had to talk to Apple Music - Telstra had done all it needed to do as far as they were concerned. Not feeling the love.
No points for guessing what happened (or didn't happen) next. I waited 24 hours and tried again - "You don't have an Apple Music membership with Telstra." Really.
I called Apple (1300 321 456) and they told me they had no record of my Telstra sponsored six month membership and I had to go back to Telstra. Infinite frustration feedback loop commences.
The funny (sad / frustrating / ludicrous) thing is that I have an Apple ID which uses the exact same email address that I use for my Telstra account. No excuses.
Congratulations Telstra, you've just knocked the ATO out of first place on of my Bureaucratic Stupidity Excellence list.
Getting back on the phone again, could be a long night. . . . . .

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @NonBlonde,

I apologise for the very frustrating experience in taking up the Apple Music offer. 

Has this since been resolved since your post? 

NonBlonde

Dear Ivan,

I can use Apple Music on my Android phone now BUT the data usage metre on the Telstra 24/7 app is telling me that since 16 December (when the access was finally granted) it has used 1.41GB of data.  The offer from Telstra that I accepted is for both Fee and Data FREE  access for six months.

How do I get credit for the data?

thanks

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @NonBlonde,

Glad to hear your apple music is now working. I recommend getting in touch with our mobile assurance team on 125 111 so we can have a look into this so we can make sure that your usage is being metred correctly.

Please let me know how you go.

- Matty

Telstra 24x7®

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now