Highlighted
AndyB2
Level 1: Cadet

Rude attitude from a Telstra Support Person

I am posting this here, because I really don't know where else to get some kind of a response from an AUSTRALIAN human that works in Telstra.

I had a bad interaction with a Filipino support person today when I was trying to get some provisioning problems with my new iPhone 8 Plus (on a lease) sorted out.

He has left a snide message on my Voicemail where he refers to me as "Mr Perfect and Mr Genius".  This is completely unacceptable.  If a Telstra manager here in Australia reads this, please get in contact with me.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Rude attitude from a Telstra Support Person

Hi AndyB2,

Thanks for reaching out, this is definitely not the feedback we want to here.

Do you have any reference numbers in relation to this conversation? More than happy to follow up if you do.

Can I also please confirm if your provisioning issues have been sorted out?

Please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AndyB2

HI Ethan. I do not have a reference number for the interaction, but I have certainly saved the voicemail message he left me. His name was Geoff/Jeff - and I'm pretty sure he was Filipino. The call was made at 11:48 am today from 03 9065 4000, but I would hazard a guess that is a generic number and not the actual location he was calling from. I initially got frustrated with him because I had mistakenly called the Prepaid department when, in fact, I should have called the Postpaid department, in trying to explain this to him, he kept talking over the top of me all the time. I told him I did not want to deal with him any longer and hung up on the call. He then persisted in trying to call me back approx 13 times, one after the other, but I just kept up hanging up on him because I didn't like his attitude.

And, no, Ethan, my provisioning issues have still not been resolved. This is after being told yesterday (at approx 11:30 am) to wait 24 hours for provisioning to occur. When I discovered that it still hadn't occurred by that time this morning, I called support again, only to be mucked around again and told that it would be another 24, possibly 48 hours more, "Because back of house hasn't got around to provisioning your service yet. You will please have to wait longer".

I hate to say it Ethan, but this whole situation has left me with little faith in your staff doing what they say they are going to do. I'm pretty much ready to end the contract and send the new iPhone 8 Plus phone back to you guys. As I am a self employed contractor, I haven't got the time to be mucked around like this just to get a phone provisioned as per the contract between me, the consumer, and you, Telstra. I'm sure if I didn't live up to my end of the contract, you guys would be all over me.

Regards,

Andy
AndyB2

Ethan,

If you want to hear the smart ass message Geoff/Jeff left me, is there some way I can forward that voicemail to you?
hilleljw
Level 2: Rookie

my own interaction with Telstra Support people, whether from Philippines or Australia or wherever has been really good. (once the connection has been made which sometimes takes a bit of running around and waiting.) My guess is that someone would have to be pretty overbearing and rude to have this kind of response, but of course I could be wrong and you might have hit a bad one. That said, his or her being Filipino has nothing to do with the problem.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for this clarification and further information AndyB2, I do apologise again for your experience. 

I do think this issue needs a case manager, can you please send me a private message by going onto my profile and clicking the 'send me a message' link so I can provide you with some further instructions?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more