Highlighted
SLL1
Level 1: Cadet

Trouble setting email on an iPhone

Answered
I have a new phone - iPhone 8 Plus and I can’t receive my BigPond emails on it. I can however send emails. How do I fix this?? I have checked all the details and have followed setup instructions. Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Trouble setting email on an iPhone

Hi @SLL1

Appreciate the concerns with receiving emails via the email app on your iPhone 8 Plus. 

Just to confirm, is it the instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgN1tYC8JpE which you have followed? 

For specific settings, you can find the information here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

What do you have currently set up for account type and incoming server details? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @SLL1

Appreciate the concerns with receiving emails via the email app on your iPhone 8 Plus. 

Just to confirm, is it the instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgN1tYC8JpE which you have followed? 

For specific settings, you can find the information here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

What do you have currently set up for account type and incoming server details? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

SLL1

I have used the specific settings, but it is coming with the error ‘imap.telstra.com’ is not responding’
What else could be wrong?
I can’t log in to the messaging.bigpond.com to check my settings as per your you tube video. It doesn’t even let me reset passwords.
Thanks
Technical Support
Technical Support

Can you advise what settings are currently configured?  I am specifically interested in the ones listed below for the incoming server settings. 

- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords

- Select your BigPond account, and then select the account again

Hostname: 

Username:

- Select Advanced at the bottom of the page and note down

Use SSL:

Authentication:

Server Port:

SLL1

Host Name - imap.telstra.com
User Name- [edited]@bigpond.com
Advanced-
Use SSL - Yes(green is showing)
Authentication- Password
Server Port - 993

Thank you

Technical Support
Technical Support

Thank you for confirming those settings. I did edit out the first part of your email address for your privacy. 

Can you also confirm if you can log into https://email.telstra.com with the same username and password?

- Shelly

SLL1

Hi
No I can’t log in with those details, I’m not sure why??
Technical Support
Technical Support

Sounds like an issue with your login details. I would suggest trying to use the "forgot password" link to see if this will send you the current password. If it doesn't work though, you will need to contact Tech Support on 133 933 so that we can help you further.

- Shelly

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more