Highlighted
mv1995
Level 3: Gumshoe

0.facebook.com Pre-Paid service on iPhone 5

Answered

I was wondering if the Free Facebook service will still be available to pre-paid customers on the iPhone 5? If it is, does it work on unlocked (eg Apple purchased) iPhone 5 devices or will it only work on Telstra locked iPhone 5 devices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: 0.facebook.com Pre-Paid service on iPhone 5

I do, and it works.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Ben_F

This question screams Dejavu, but yes you should be able to use 0.facebook.com on iPhone 5 and you should be able to do so provided you have a Telstra SIM card in the device.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

shannon_b
Level 1: Cadet

how do you access 0.facebook on iphones, mine wont let me unless I have credit
Ben_F

browse to http://0.facebook.com in safari? I just tested it, works fine for me on LTE:

0.facebook on iPhone.png

New Users - Click Here!

Mitcho1989
Level 11: Detective

It works on any device (locked or unlocked) as long as it's using the Telstra network to access 0.facebook.com, so you should be fine.
mv1995
Level 3: Gumshoe

okay, thanks for that.
so you're using a pre-paid SIM not contract? just to be sure

Mitcho1989
Level 11: Detective

I'm not on pre-paid, however I have friends that are and use 0.facebook.com and it still works all the same Smiley Happy
Ben_F
Accepted Solution

I do, and it works.

New Users - Click Here!

Brad357
Level 2: Rookie

Hey Ben, I just got my prepaid iPhone 5 yesterday from the Apple Store, I went down to the nearest telstra store and bought my nano sim card for $30. Whenever I try going on 0.facebook.com it comes up with "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service." I had the same problem on my iPhone 3GS (I hoped by upgrading I may be able to use 0.facebook.com) Would you have any solution to my problem? Cheers in advance.

Ben_F

Can you use your service for other things? You need to activate the service and be in a coverage area.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Brad357

I can text, call and do all the things you can normally do. My sim card is activated. Is there any settings I should make sure I have on/off? My friends around where I live can all use 0.facebook.com so coverage is not a problem.

Ben_F

Can you access http://m.bigpond.com ?

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Brad357

No I can't.

Ben_F

Go Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings which will reset your internet settings (including saved WiFi Networks).

From there, go Settings > General > Mobile Data and ensure that Mobile Data is on and 3G is enabled.

Try to access http://m.bigpond.com again and advise how it goes.

New Users - Click Here!

Brad357

When you say Mobile Data, do you mean Cellular data? I did as you said, I go into Settings > General > Cellular. Cellular Data is on, Enable LTE is on, Data Roaming is off (I have tried http://m.bigpond.com with it on and off, no difference), Cellular Data APN telstra.wap. It still won't work. As soon as I open safari it hits me with "Safari cannot open the page because your iPhone is not connected to the internet." and then the pop up "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service."

Ben_F

Can you try the first option (Reseting your network settings)? Its not a problem with the Facebook link, its an issue with your internet connection.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Brad357

I did reset the network settings, I forgot to mention that, sorry. 

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now