Highlighted
Humbleguy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Apple Application Integration Certificates

Answered
Hi guys.
I have found some certificates that have been installed on my iPhone that have raised a little bit of curiosity as to their purpose & how they were installed. They are Apple Application Integration Certificates that are apparently used in creating managed devices from what I could manage to decipher.
I do have some Microsoft accounts that may have required these to send & receive emails, but can anyone enlighten me as to what they do please?

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Apple Application Integration Certificates

No, they don't need to be installed that way. All you need to do is install an application that requires them from the app store and they get installed automatically.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3

Apple consider themselves special, so rather than just calling them what everybody else does and calls them Certificates or CA Certificates, they made their own name.

It is just a standard encrypted file that identifies the app and allows the connection to be made between your user account/device and the application developers servers. It is installed by default by most applications that have server client connections and without it, your applications such as email, web browser and anything else that has a connection back to a server would not be allowed to run.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Humbleguy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thank you Jupiter Supreme Being.
That is pretty much what I thought, but there were just some oddities I discovered while researching these certificates that made them stand out beyond any normal certificates.
I discovered that these certificates are used for mobile device management & must be physically installed by downloading & installing them via the Microsoft Management Consol with the certificate snap-in.
So as much as I would like to lean back & say “thank goodness it isn’t what I thought it was!”, I’m still not convinced that these certificates aren’t as sinister as what my research has uncovered to this point.
Deeper inspections & ongoing probing pending.
Accepted Solution

No, they don't need to be installed that way. All you need to do is install an application that requires them from the app store and they get installed automatically.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more