Highlighted
ShurShoora
Level 1: Cadet

Blocking incoming International Scam calls on mobile.

Answered
Hi, I seem to be getting a significant amount of international calls on my mobile phone that will ring for a second or two then hang up. No doubt they are scam calls. How do I block all incoming international calls on my mobile number?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Technical Support
Technical Support
Accepted Solution

Re: Blocking incoming International Scam calls on mobile.

@ShurShoora if your mobile is not a business mobile, you may want to look at setting up Mobile Protect. This is set up on your computer, not the handset. This can allow you to block country codes eg +371 would block incoming calls from Latvia. If you are a Postpaid mobile you can set this up via MyAccount. You can 'sponsor' any friends or family who are on a Prepaid account too. Some more information is available here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/user-guides-help/telstra-mobile-protect
Additionally, depending on your mobile type, there are various 'apps' you can also get to set up on your mobile. All of these methods will help reduce these calls. It's also worth reporting these to the Government's website www.scamwatch.gov.au

I am a member of the Telstra Unwelcome Calls Team.
If you would like to contact us please call 1800805996 - 6am til midnight (7 days).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity

Give 125111 a call and speak to a consultant. They will be able to assist.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

Hello Jupiter,
What's your opinion that if the overseas telemarketers used false Australian interstate area codes as they mostly do now, would international barring still block the calls? In my case they generally show (02), (07), occasionally others, but they are false.
Thanks !!

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

If the call originates overseas and s made into the Telephone network overseas then it should get blocked as the call gets blocked by being identified as passing through the International Gateway rather than based on the Caller ID.

If however, they use a VOIP system that has a gateway within Australia, then the blocking of inbound overseas calls will not work as they are technically Australian originated calls.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

Thanks
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Technical Support
Technical Support
Accepted Solution

@ShurShoora if your mobile is not a business mobile, you may want to look at setting up Mobile Protect. This is set up on your computer, not the handset. This can allow you to block country codes eg +371 would block incoming calls from Latvia. If you are a Postpaid mobile you can set this up via MyAccount. You can 'sponsor' any friends or family who are on a Prepaid account too. Some more information is available here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/user-guides-help/telstra-mobile-protect
Additionally, depending on your mobile type, there are various 'apps' you can also get to set up on your mobile. All of these methods will help reduce these calls. It's also worth reporting these to the Government's website www.scamwatch.gov.au

I am a member of the Telstra Unwelcome Calls Team.
If you would like to contact us please call 1800805996 - 6am til midnight (7 days).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Download now