CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
DontCallMeBen
Level 2: Rookie

Contracting with Telstra in an Apple Store

Answered

If I buy an iPhone 6+ from an Apple store, can I recontract then and there with the same contracts and deals you get in an Telstra Shop? e.g. can I get a 6+ on a M or L accelerate plan and stll get the bonus data allowance?

I would like to know because it looks like the only way I'm going to get my hands on one is through an Apple store which is 2 hours drive away and I don't want to reserve one, then hike all the way up there only to be dissapointed some more.

I've only ever done this through a Telstra Shop so not sure if it's all the same deal or not.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Contracting with Telstra in an Apple Store

Yes, Apple Stores act like any dealer, they have access to the same standard products and as the Upgrade offer is part of the product at the moment their should be no issue them adding it.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Jedi2602
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Yes, I did that very thing tonight. Signed up on the M plan and received my handset on the spot. Same plan I'd chosen on pre-order with Telstra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Level 21: Augmented

I believe you can as others have you can also do it in JB
Accepted Solution

Yes, Apple Stores act like any dealer, they have access to the same standard products and as the Upgrade offer is part of the product at the moment their should be no issue them adding it.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Jedi2602
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Yes, I did that very thing tonight. Signed up on the M plan and received my handset on the spot. Same plan I'd chosen on pre-order with Telstra

I still find it kinda funny that no one can get their hands on any handsets... but the apple stores seam to have a never ending supply... I guess it is good for them that they are dealers for all three major carriers... xD

Helpful Links

leigh66
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Hate to burst your bubble but the Apple stores are out of stock on the 6+ phones

jazzman37

Not true. Just check this at midnight when it updates and reserve one.

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/AU/en_AU/reserve/iPhone/availability

Reserved mine and picked it up today from Charlestown. 6+ 128gb SG.

leigh66
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Sweet thank you Jazzman37
Will do that tonight
jazzman37

Good luck Smiley Happy

If the model you're after isn't there tonight, either check another store (if they're close enough) or wait and check the following day.

Yup, after finding out from an Apple Store on Saturday, I recommended a friend do that... and she got a Silver 64 6+ the next day...

Helpful Links

TashaB
Level 6: Bloodhound

I got email regarding my order today and some stores may have stock it said and I can go to an apple store and get one the same plan as what i want . Be good tho if the 2 apple stores were one here in adelaide Id be in there tomorrow lol
I guess the wait continues , my order is still Pensing

Rundle Mall had some earlier today from what I heard. 

Helpful Links

308hjute

Jazzman's link above is the way to go. Stock availability changes throughout the day and you need to be quick logging in with your Apple ID if something comes up.

I picked up a 6+ 64g in Space Grey from the Sydney store today. Now, just waiting for my sim to activate.
bigmouthmedia

To bring back an old thread, can you still contract at an Apple store ? If so, do you get the addons like bonus data, Foxtel Now ?

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now