Highlighted
05gjm
Level 1: Cadet

Email Spam on Iphone

Answered

I am recieving a high amount of email spam on my Iphone where by I have it under control via my desktop. Can you suggest ways or products to allow the Iphone recieved emails to be spam free?

Thank you    05gjm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Email Spam on Iphone

Does the Bigpond security service help with Spam from your experience?
I have no personal experience with BigPond Security, sorry.
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7

Can you suggest ways or products to allow the Iphone recieved emails to be spam free?
Are you specifically asking for iPhone (third-party e-mail client) app recommendations that will do mail filtering on your device, upon the messages being retrieved from the server (or pushed to the handset), or are you asking for solutions that will perform the mail filtering prior to the messages getting onto your handset? If it's the latter, which e-mail service providers (e.g. BigPond, Windows Live Mail, Google Mail) are you using, with regard to what you access on your iPhone?
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
05gjm

Thanks for this. Its probably the later suggestion I would say. I currently use the Bigpond service

I am a technical novice and have the necessary spam filters on the desk top. Trying to gather something for the phone serivce

cheers

Its probably the later suggestion I would say. I currently use the Bigpond service
I believe the BigPond mail service already applies some sort of spam filtering – and, from experience, the effectiveness of it varies from time to time – but with its recent move to a Windows Live mail platform, I'm not quite sure what's happening there (since my account has not been migrated yet).

At the moment, my BigPond mail is automatically forwarded to a Hotmail address, which means a second round of spam filtering is automatically applied, and by the time I get the messages pushed to my mobile handset they're pretty much spam-free.
——

05gjm

thanks for this.
Accepted Solution

I have no personal experience with BigPond Security, sorry.
——

05gjm

Thanks for your help. appreciate it
ANT

To my understanding Bigpond does not seem to have any Spam filtering capability

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now