Highlighted
MarkZuckerberg
Level 4: Private Eye

How to network unlock your iPhone.

Answered

Hello All,

As I've been pondering around the 'Crowdsupport' forum, I've noticed a lot and I mean a lot of post about people wanting to unlock there iPhones.

There are a couple of different ways you can unlock your iPhone.

1. Calling 132200 and asking for the 'Unlocking Team', they will be able to assist you with unlocking you iPhone
  2. Contacting Telstra via LiveChat. Tell you want to unlock a iPhone. They should be able to assist you to do this. If they direct you to call 132200, Telstra or the Unlocking Team directly, and you don't want to. Tell them, there hired to help you and keep you a Telstra customer.
  3. You can visit a Telstra/T-Life store.
  4. If you want, you can PM me, and will assist you in the unlocking of your iPhone.

Please Note: After you’ve spoken with a consultant, it usually takes around 72 hours for Apple to unlock your iPhone. After 72 hours have passed, connect your iPhone to your computer and sync with the latest version of iTunes. You’ll see a notification that a carrier update is available. Install this update, and you will then see a “Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked” message.

Thanks,
Mark

The views I express are my own, and are not the views of Telstra, or anyone else unless specifically stated. Please use common sense when following directions, and know that I can't take responsibility if something goes bad after you followed my advice.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: How to network unlock your iPhone.

There's two parts to successfully unlocking your iPhone;

Part 1: Request the unlock from telstra.com/unlock if you are a personal Telstra customer on a plan. Pre-Paid customers should call 125 8887 and business customers should call 132 000.

Be aware that it may take Apple up to 72 hours to complete your unlock request.

Part 2: After 72 hours follow the Apple unlock instructions (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5014) using your iTunes account to complete the unlock process.

You will need an active internet connection, a USB to connect the iPhone to a computer, the latest version of iTunes, and the Apple unlock link above. If you need further iTunes support you can contact the Apple support team.

See more information about the unlock process here: Unlock your Apple iPhone from Telstra - Post Paid Customers

Please note:

- Online unlocking is only available to customers on a personal Telstra plan whose account has been active for at least 4 months, and has no outstanding bills.

- If less than 4 months, customers should submit an unlock request after this time has elapsed.

- The iPhone must have been purchased from Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Gameboy
Level 6: Bloodhound

Or you can ring 1800 iPhone which directs you to Telstra's iPhone hotline who will happily provide the service for free (the $150 unlocking fee has been removed).

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Telstra personal customers can now unlock iphones using our new online iPhone unlocking tool for personal customers simply go to telstra.com/unlock on you iphone or PC and follow the prompts.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

There's two parts to successfully unlocking your iPhone;

Part 1: Request the unlock from telstra.com/unlock if you are a personal Telstra customer on a plan. Pre-Paid customers should call 125 8887 and business customers should call 132 000.

Be aware that it may take Apple up to 72 hours to complete your unlock request.

Part 2: After 72 hours follow the Apple unlock instructions (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5014) using your iTunes account to complete the unlock process.

You will need an active internet connection, a USB to connect the iPhone to a computer, the latest version of iTunes, and the Apple unlock link above. If you need further iTunes support you can contact the Apple support team.

See more information about the unlock process here: Unlock your Apple iPhone from Telstra - Post Paid Customers

Please note:

- Online unlocking is only available to customers on a personal Telstra plan whose account has been active for at least 4 months, and has no outstanding bills.

- If less than 4 months, customers should submit an unlock request after this time has elapsed.

- The iPhone must have been purchased from Telstra.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more