stubbo1
Level 2: Rookie

Iphone X

I brought 2 new iPhone x about 9 months ago and I have had that much trouble with them. They keep cutting out when you are on the phone to someone and the wifi keeps dropping out. I have done everything they have told me but that didn't help. I'm so over it. They are on a plan. I have been with telstra for 30 years. Can you help me

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Iphone X

Is it recently that you have started have problems, or since the day you bought them?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
stubbo1
Level 2: Rookie

Since the day I bought them. I keep telling Telstra.
Level 22: Superhuman

You need to carefully verify that you don't have a network coverage issue. You should test with 2 other phones using your both your sims.
If you are 20000% sure its your actual phones.......
Writing personally to the CEO of Apple in Sydney can be very worthwhile. The more courteous and reasonable / restrained ... the better..... explaining you can demonstrate 2 other phones correctly work precisely where both of yours malfunction.
Best wishes
If my advice has helped you, I would be most appreciative if you can click on the "Like" button. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Highlighted

If you have an Apple Store nearby they are outstanding at troubleshooting issues with their devices and if something is identified will just swap it out for you.

It is weird that it is two devices at the same time... if it was one only it would be easy to run through suggestions but both at once seems to suggest something else is at play.

Are they only dropping out at home or in the same sort of places? If it is only at home and you are having issues with wifi dropping out then it could be that it is having issues with the wifi and it is trying to voice over wifi and if the wifi is cutting in and out that could cause the phone to drop out.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

iPhone 8 (PRODUCT)RED and iPhone 8 Plus (PRODUCT)RED

Available Now to Order.

Find out more