Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Launch of iOS 6 for iPhone and iPad – 20 September 2012

Just a quick call out to say Apple’s iOS 6 is available for download and installation wirelessly over-the-air or through iTunes on the following devices:

• iPhone 3GS or later
  • iPad 2 or later
  • iPod touch (4th or 5th generation)

ios6.JPG 

iOS 6 features include

• Facebook integration – Post pictures, status updates and likes directly from within iOS 6 apps
  • Passbook – Boarding pass, card and retail vouchers all in one place, just scan your iPhone to check in for a flight or get into a movie or redeem a voucher
  • Maps – new ‘vector based processing’ delivers great detail, even when zoomed in
  • Siri – now understands sports, movies and restaurants
  • FaceTime – now available over a cellular connection (previously Wi-Fi only)
  • Phone – when you reject an incoming call, you can instantly reply with an automatic text or set a reminder to call them back
  • Plus additional updates to Shared Photo Stream, Mail, Safari and more

Note:  iPhone 5 comes preloaded with iOS 6.0

No doubt you're as keen as I am to try the new iOS6..

CrowdSurfer

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Mitcho1989
Level 11: Detective

Re: Launch of iOS 6 for iPhone and iPad – 20 September 2012

Anyone else got this yet? I've been using it for a week now on my 4S (there was a trick to get the GM release to work no worries, but I'll be doing a restore later today to get it back on the official release) and while it's no major breakthrough, I like it.

• Facebook integration is great (although I've switched the contact syncing part of it off - hardly any of my friends actually keep their details up to date on there)
  • Siri is actually useful now
  • Do Not Disturb is awesome
  • Removing that awful YouTube app that Apple "maintained" created room for Google to release their own app, which is so much better
  • Privacy is better managed (e.g you now know full well if an app is requesting access to your photos, contacts, location etc)
  • Panorama is easy to use
  • The new interface in some of the stock apps (Music etc) is really good, apart from the App Store in my opinion, however the fact that downloading/updating apps no longer takes you out of the store is great.
  • FaceTime not restricted to Wifi is great (can someone from Telstra officially confirm that there's no plans to impose any silly requirements/charges to use it over 3/4G, like a certain carrier in the US is doing?)

There are a few others here and there (and I could have missed some) but those are my favourites and hopefully when Maps gets turn-by-turn here next month, it will be a lot better and I won't miss Google's Maps app as much.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more