Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Level 1: Cadet
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

MMS Settings on Iphone 4S

Hi,

I'm having troubles in recieving MMS and directed to the telstra website using username / password. I've gone onto the telstra website (http://www.configure.telstra.com.au/telstra/login.action) to set it up but there is no information relating to setting it up.Is there a way I can recieve MMS without going onto the website to view?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Re: MMS Settings on Iphone 4S

Hi, 

This is happening to me too. My # was ported to Telstra only this morning and when I received a mms today on my new iphone 4s, there was no picture, just the link to the viewing website. I've turned on MMS messaging in my Message Settings, and I've also tried to set up my phone online through Telstra Mobile Phone Setup, to receive MMS. It didn't have the 4s listed though, only the iphone 4 and I wasn't able to get any further. 

No luck so far.

Any suggestions from the tech team? I've had MMS working just fine on my previous network and old phone (3GS).

Thanks for the help,

Cheers - M

Level 21: Augmented
0 Kudos

try sending an MMS to yourself, not sure why this works but I've seen it mentioned many times that it does, worth a shot I guess
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Level 17: Bureau Chief
0 Kudos

jokiin wrote:
try sending an MMS to yourself, not sure why this works but I've seen it mentioned many times that it does, worth a shot I guess

When your phone retrieves an MMS, it's effectively doing a web request and so your UserAgent is transfered to the server in the process. That tells the system what kind of phone you have. That's why RECEIVING an MMS ends up fixing up the (MMS) network record of what handset you have.

--
Kevin
[ I am a Telstra Employee however my posts here are done in a personal capacity.]
0 Kudos

I have just ported a number to a Telstra iPhone 4s and was having the same problem with MMS. ie, I was directed online to view.

I tried sending an MMS to myself as per the previous advise. This image came through OK. I then tried sending an MMS from my other Telstra phone to this one and I still had the redirection problem.

So, I turned off wifi as I was connected to my home (Bigpond) network, then sent an MMS video from the 4s to my other Telstra mobile. This came through OK but my other Telstra phone has always been OK with MMS. Still with wifi turned off, I then sent a video back to the 4s and yah, it worked. Photos now also work as well.

I am not sure if it helped to turn off wifi.

Level 17: Bureau Chief
0 Kudos

bshwckr wrote:

I am not sure if it helped to turn off wifi.

YES! That's exactly what did it. If you're sending yourself a message with an iPhone 4S (or any iDevice running iOS5) you're not sending an MMS. You're sending an iMessage. Go back to the message history and you'll see that the speech bubbles are blue not green and it says iMessage above them. That message never went through Telstra's messaging systems.

The way to get the system to understand what new phone you have is for that phone to RECEIVE an MMS. Which means WiFi OFF for an iPhone4S and send it an MMS from anywhere.

--
Kevin
[ I am a Telstra Employee however my posts here are done in a personal capacity.]
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie
0 Kudos

Hey..

I had the same problem, found it super annoying..

Finally decided to go into a Telstra shop and speak to someone at the TechBar. 

So your phone recognises MMS, send a photo/picture to 176667 (Telstra service). In response you should receive a message from Telstra advising that "You've been set up for MMS on the Next G Network".

I tested it after receiving the notification from Telstra and the photo/picture came straight into my messages, instead of logging online to view.

Chur!!

0 Kudos

I tried all of this and none of it worked
Any tips?
0 Kudos

Re: MMS Settings on Nokia 6720

Can't view MMS. Could do before I went PrePaid. Sense I'm being punished!! Telstra Call Centre tried to help. Nope... Next?

0 Kudos

How do I send a MMS message to mobiles other than iphone 4? I have tried sending a photo to my mobile and that works and I have received photos from other iphone 4. Unable to send to or receive from other phones.