SupInfinity
Level 4: Private Eye

Mobile *# codes for post paid plan features

Answered

Hey, not sure what sub/forum is the best for this question. Move if necessary. I was just after any asterisk | hash codes, like *#31# CID but checks | confirms the status of MessageBank, etc - if it's disabled or not, and even dis | enable it, as well as the free m2t - the 10 sec one plus any others that aren't in iPhone or 24/7 app settings? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile *# codes for post paid plan features

Apologies if there was any confusion on my part @SupInfinity

I thought you were looking for instructions to add or remove MessageBank & enquire about Message2Txt.

If you have removed this feature but want to check, my advice would be to call 101 from your mobile & you should be presented with a voice message that says "This service is not supported for messages 101".

Hope that helps & please let me know if you have any questions.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @SupInfinity

You can find MessageBank instructions for your mobile here 

If you cancel MessageBank, we automatically enable Message2Txt. This will convert a 10-second voice message into an SMS without you having to dial ‘101’.

If you have any trouble or need further assistance with this, please call 132200 or chat with us securely online here

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

SupInfinity

Hi
Yeah nah, did I ask for message bank instructions. Nope. But I did ask if there are, what are the #,* or both dialling codes to a. - check the current status, AND b. - dis/able it with similar codes.
I already had customer service turn it and M2Txt off by phone call, just need a way to check since the app can't, just redirects to browser that says to call customer support. Typical Telstra tho, you CAN of course add the other CHARGEABLE txt/message/bank services via said browser link. Hmmm
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Apologies if there was any confusion on my part @SupInfinity

I thought you were looking for instructions to add or remove MessageBank & enquire about Message2Txt.

If you have removed this feature but want to check, my advice would be to call 101 from your mobile & you should be presented with a voice message that says "This service is not supported for messages 101".

Hope that helps & please let me know if you have any questions.

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Instructions are at https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/user-guides-help/how-to-set-up-your-mobi...
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SupInfinity

No probs, I was hoping for something like *#31# - calling line ID restriction enabled or disabled etc. no dice it seems, dang. I've had customer service turn something else back on right after I requested to turn it off, (can't remember what now). Just wanted a quick way to check the status is off.

Tx anyways
SupInfinity

These aren't the codes I'm looking for. 🤗 This time, anyway.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more