Highlighted
fangske
Level 2: Rookie

Need to cancel my order

Answered

Hi there, This morning I managed to process on order online for a new 32gig iPhone 5, I received a confirmation of order and order number but by chance I wandered into a Telstra store this afternoon and picked up a phone.

Can I cancel my existing order?. I think your support line is being bombarded with calls. 

Help from a Telstra Rep please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dc6361
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Need to cancel my order

If you need a quick response, try Telstra's live chat team. Otherwise, try PMing CrowdSurfer or Yannick.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
gv
Level 3: Gumshoe

Order Cancelled

I pre ordered a 64gb iphone on Friday and today recieved an email saying they couldn't verify who I was, so cancelled my order.

In the message it says contact telstra if you have any questions. Telstra tells me they cannot tell me why I it was canceled?

Would it hurt to put in a call? I'm not a new customer, I've been with Telstra for years.

Not Happy.

Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Re: Order Cancelled

Hi gv,

I'm sorry to hear that your order was cancelled, yes I suggest you calling the number on the email and try to find out what the issue was with your pre-order.

- C

If you've found a  then don't forget to mark that post accordingly

Kudos  Recognise someone for their help by clicking this button on their post

Stick around great things are happening in Moderator

gv

There wasn't a number as such, just the contact us link.
So I did the online chat, which is where I was informed that they have no way of finding out why it was cancelled.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi GV,

Really sorry about that, our Live Chat team can't access Pre-Orders.

If you have the reference number that was provided after you submitted the order (it was displayed on the confirmation screen) you can send me a Private Message here: PM Steph with that number and I can check what happened, and give you information that's noted with the order about why it was cancelled, or rejected.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

HpwfPerth

Telstra might see you have doubled up and cancel it themself, seeing they cancelled plenty of other peoples pre orders last week by a follow up email a day later after their conformation email.
dc6361

Unfortunately by ordering online, you enter into a contract with Telstra. Therefore, it may be too late to cancel. Many people have been advised to refuse delivery once the courier turns up, who then return the phone back to Telstra who then cancel the order. I think that's going to be your only option.

Hope this helps.

fangske

I'm pretty sure all contracts have a cooling off period. So I doubt this is the situation.

Either way if a Telstra rep could advise, be more than happy to forward details.

Also at 8:16am this morning the telstra site was showing a "buy" button not a "pre-order" button
dc6361
Accepted Solution

If you need a quick response, try Telstra's live chat team. Otherwise, try PMing CrowdSurfer or Yannick.

fangske

Yeah I was hoping he/she would chime in here, I'll use the PM system or livechat
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@dc6361 wrote:

LiveChat is by far the fastest turnaround time, I doubt that people get the opportunity to check their PMs somedays Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Boggles
Level 15: Special Agent

@fangske wrote:
I'm pretty sure all contracts have a cooling off period. So I doubt this is the situation.

Either way if a Telstra rep could advise, be more than happy to forward details.

Also at 8:16am this morning the telstra site was showing a "buy" button not a "pre-order" button

I am pretty sure the cooling off period only applies if Telstra instigates the transaction. As you instigated the purchase yourself I am pretty sure you do not have a cooling off period.

i.e if you walk into a store and purchase a handset, it is yours as soon as you walk out of the store, if telstra call you up and offer you a new handset(paid or subsidised) you have a 10 day cooling off period unless it is a new connection/service which in this case you have 22 days cooling off period.(This only applies if Telstra calls you!)

To be safe I would do as suggested and refuse delivery of the phone and hope Telstra just cancels the order. Smiley Happy

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.
techiehippy
Level 1: Cadet

Both my wife and I had this same problem.  Extremely frustrating Telstra!!!

We both preorded on 14 Sep at about 9pm AEST and received confirmations accordingly.  My wife receieved an email on Tuesday 18 Sep saying she didn't meet 'eligability checks' and her order was cancelled.  At least at this time she had the option to turn up on Friday morning to buy one in-store, but she decided not to.

Fully expecting that my order was proceeding I didn't go to a store on Friday morning either but on Saturday 3pm I receieved an email saying that Telstra couldn't 'authenticate the information I had provided'.  By this time stocks were sold out and I missed out.

Strangely this came 4 days after I recieved a credit file alert about an enquiry being made against my credit file - and I have a good credit file - so Telstra could certainly identify me.

We are both Telstra (prepaid) customers and as such Telstra already has some amount of our information on file about us and we don't need to port our number of anything like that.

One gets the feeling that Telstra overcommitted on pre-orders and blagged their way out of fulfilling orders taken.  Why didn't Telstra pick up the phone and call to confirm information instead of just cancel and shut us out?

gv

According to Telstra they haven't over committed but as if they would ever admit to over committing.
mjsmith90
Level 1: Cadet

I'm in the same boat, received the email with the 'eligibility checks' excuse. I contacted Telstra who told me to take my id documents into the store and get myself verified.

After doing this I was told that the online store could reprocess my order, I still dont know if they have, I've had little to no contact from them in the last 96 hrs. I just posted a message on the board which details my current Telstra dilemma!

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now