CrowdSupport®
JMinshall
Level 1: Cadet

Not registered (no charges apply)

2 days ago my phone was suddenly unable to make calls or send text msgs. so i dialled #101# thinking maybe i needed a recharge and wanting to check my balance and it comes up saying 'Not registered (no charges apply)'. so I do all the at-home SIM card fixes: turning off and on, taking the SIM card out gently cleaning it and replacing it. Still no improvement. So i take my phone in yesterday morning and get a replacement SIM card. The whole day my phone says SOS only while I wait for the new SIM card to activate. In the evening it does activate and my network now reads as Telstra. However, I still can't send texts or make phone calls and when I dial #101# it still says 'Not registered (no charges)'!!! I can receive texts, calls and iMessage. I can send iMessages but if i'm not on wifi my phone is essentially useless. Has anyone else experienced this? how was it solved?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Not registered (no charges apply)

Hi JMinshall, 

Thanks for using Crowd Support. Please call  Mobile Assurance on 13 22 00 then say "Faults" so we can check on the connection issue. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now