CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
zacktrey
Level 3: Gumshoe

Pre-order delivery tracking

Answered

Hi,

If we have successfully pre-ordered the iphone 5, will we be notified once it ships and will we be able to track the shipment. This will help me organise to be available when it arrives for photo identification etc.

thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Mitcho1989
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Pre-order delivery tracking

Yep, last year we were notified by email once the phone was shipped, and in that email was a number we could use to track actual delivery etc, so this year should be the same.

Remember too if for any reason you're not able to be there when it's delivered, it will be taken to the nearest post office for you to pick up during business hours, so don't stress too much if something comes up at the time.
Level 18: Intelligence Chief
Accepted Solution

Hi Zacktrey 

It should also be noted that anyone at your address can accept your delivery, as long as they provide ID.

Here is the link: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Mobiles-Knowledge-Base/If-you-are-not-at-home-at-time-... 

EDIT: added link to orginal source 

- C

If you've found a  then don't forget to mark that post accordingly

Kudos  Recognise someone for their help by clicking this button on their post

Stick around great things are happening in Moderator

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
21 REPLIES 21
stevezin
Level 1: Cadet

Pre-order - tracking??

Hi, I pre-ordered an iPhone 5 last night and got an "Order Reference Number" that begins SBSxxxxxxx. I found this page for tracking:
https://www.my.telstra.com.au/c/portal/render_portlet?p_l_id=34&p_p_id=ordertrackingportlet_WAR_orde...

But it doesn't work as it requires order numbers to be prefixed as either BP or 1-

Can you please advise how I can track my order?

Cheers
Steve

Re: Pre-order - tracking??

HI stevenzin 

As far as I am aware there is no tracking numbers for the pre-orders, these orders will simply be processed on the Friday and you will receive it within 2days for metro and 5 days for regional

If you have any concerns about your pre order please contact: https://livechat.telstra.com

- C

EDIT: Supplie contact method discontinued. Live Chat address provided in its place. - MOD

stevezin

Thanks Christos...
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

From what I've been told, Yes.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Mitcho1989
Accepted Solution

Yep, last year we were notified by email once the phone was shipped, and in that email was a number we could use to track actual delivery etc, so this year should be the same.

Remember too if for any reason you're not able to be there when it's delivered, it will be taken to the nearest post office for you to pick up during business hours, so don't stress too much if something comes up at the time.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

I'm not sure how true this is, however I've been told that the Order number you got (mine starts with SBS) can be used to track via Startrack, as a "Reference Number" when the order is dispatched.

I honestly don't know how true that information is however Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Accepted Solution

Hi Zacktrey 

It should also be noted that anyone at your address can accept your delivery, as long as they provide ID.

Here is the link: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Mobiles-Knowledge-Base/If-you-are-not-at-home-at-time-... 

EDIT: added link to orginal source 

- C

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

When your order is dispatched, an email will be sent to the address you nominated on your order, to let you know it’s on the way.

A link to our freight partners tracking web page is included in this email, and will be updated as the order progresses through the network. We can advise that the order should arrive within 2 business days for metro areas and 5 business days for regional areas.  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

reneemcleod

I received an email yesterday saying my order was on its way and provided a link to Startrack to track my order - but when I click through it says it is unable to 'find the requested search reference'.

So I gather (hope?!) that the iPhones are being dispatched/delivered prior to the date previously provided of Friday 21 Sept?

reneemcleod

The tracking link provided in my confirmation email doesn't work, and it also doesn't work when I put in the SBS reference number on the Startrack website.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Mitcho1989

@reneemcleod wrote:

The tracking link provided in my confirmation email doesn't work, and it also doesn't work when I put in the SBS reference number on the Startrack website.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

As discussed in this thread, it is likely the database hasn't been fully updated with all the consignment numbers yet, likely because there are a heap of them to add. Keep checking, you'll be able to track soon enough, it will start working.

reneemcleod

Thank you!

RThorek

Same issue here, have an email confirming pre order processing and shipment but the tracking doesn't work

Steffen
Level 2: Rookie

I've ordered two phones and received two confirmation emails and tracking links/numbers.

One tracking number works and shows that the package had been picked up, the one other doesn't work. Riddle me that.

jefsims
Level 4: Private Eye

One thing with tracking numbers for couriers, you won't see scanning information the minute you get the reference.

Telstra's system will request a label through its Business/Business link with Startrack/Toll/etc

Toll then reply with a label number (tracking number)

Telstra put a sticker on the box

Carrier picks it up and scanning begins

So you might not see information in your label for at least 3-5 hours AFTER you get it. And even then the most you might see is "Electronic billing lodgement" for example when Telstra's system logged the request.

So panic not, it may take a while for the scans to enter the system. Especially since they will have to use multiple carriers to get all the phones out ON TIME.
zacktrey

I recieved a dispatch email Wednesday arvo/night and up to now (Friday morning) the link still says it's unable to find the search request. Hopefully it is coming today but I would think more likely Monday 

Sparkey47

THE ORDER TRACKING SYSTEM IS A HOAX , IT DOESNT EXIST, I STILL HAVENT GOT A PHONE AND TELSTRA HAVE MY MONEY, I WILL NOT BE DEALING WITH THEM EVER AGAIN, SOURCES IN NEW DEHLI  TELL ME THE PHONE HAS BEEN DESPATCHED AND I WILL GET AN E-MAIL TO THAT EFFECT , NOTHING SO FAR .

MY ADVICE IS IF YOU NEED A PHONE YOU GO INTO A REPUTABLE SHOP AND BUY ONE OFF THE SHELF.

IF MY PHONE DOES NOT ARRIVE SOON I WILL BE CONTACTING A CURRENT AFFAIR , CONSUMER AFFAIRS ARE NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sparkey47,

I know that you are frustrated, however you may find that others on the forum will respond better if you do not use ALLCAPS in your post as it gives the impression you are shouting at everyone.

With regards to your enquiry can you send me a private messsage with any reference numbers that you have been given and I will follow this up for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Moved:

vanessaapoleski

Hi i need some information i applued on line for iPhone 6 in march it was sent but courier now closed. I keep getting bills for this phone i don't have yet. How can i obtain my tracking number for this order to find out where it is so i can claim it.
vanessaapoleski

I've ccalled telstra many times tell me i need to get it through here

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now